Billings Clinic Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Occupational Therapy in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Occupational Therapy
I/P OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Shift: Day, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $31.21 - 36.67
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing direct patient care, evaluations, consultations, and treatments in order to assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance in an acute care setting. Provides a variety of occupational therapy interventions which may include: (1) remediation or restoration of performance abilities that are limited due to impairment in biological, physiological, psychological or neurological processes; (2) adaptation of task, process or the environment, or the teaching of compensatory techniques, in order to enhance performance; (3) disability prevention methods and techniques which facilitate the development of safe application of performance skills; (4) health promotion strategies and practices which enhance performance abilities. The Occupational Therapist will work in the Acute Care hospital setting. The Occupational Therapist may work in one or more hospital units. Skills in multidisciplinary team care conferences, discharge planning, evaluating and treating acutely ill patients, medically complex patients in acute care, participation in ergonomics training and interdepartmental education and departmental work teams, oversight of physical therapy assistants, techs and PT students. Use of multiple aspects of EMR for documentation, billing and communication. Shift requirements may vary, working weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and department requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Evaluates patients’ physical and functional status with regard to developmental and chronological age by administering and Interpreting tests. Develops individual treatment plan to include objective measures, assessment, short and long term goals, frequency and duration of therapy. Observes and interviews patients, reviews medical charts and consults with physicians or nursing personnel as appropriate. Maintains compliance within departmental QA.
• Demonstrates creativity, skill and efficiency in implementing treatment plans that include the use of recognized treatment techniques and modalities appropriate to the age and disability being treated and goals to be achieved in an acute care setting.
•Demonstrates competency with all Acute Care medical equipment both rehabilitation and nursing.
• Documents timely and regular initial evaluations, progress and discharge notes consistent with department policy, regulatory agency and reimbursement requirements. Completes daily patient charges and work schedule. Maintains compliance within departmental QA.
• Completes daily patient charges and work schedule. AM PAC scoring tool.
• Participates in discharge planning and/or care conferences with physicians, nursing and social services personnel to ensure patients have appropriate assistance and continuation of rehabilitation at home or in other care settings.
• Maintains compliance within departmental QA
• Identifies need and sets goals for own professional growth and development; meets all mandatory requirements. Participates and attends educational meetings with respect to continuing education, co-worker in-services, and Billings Clinic educational course offerings to enhance knowledge and further professional skills.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Students, job shadows, mentor new staff (Prorated based on FTE)
Occupational Therapy degree from accredited Occupational Therapy school
Certifications and Licenses
Healthcare Provider CPR certification
Current Montana state licensure as a registered occupational therapist as appropriate to the state where services are being provided
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.