Billings Clinic OR Surgical Aide Per Diem in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2022 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2022%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
OR Surgical Aide Per Diem
SURGICAL SERVICES (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.00 - $16.50
In accordance with established policies and procedures, provides support services within the Surgery Center. Assists with preparation and cleaning of supplies, instruments, and equipment; ordering and stocking of supplies and transporting, transferring and positioning patients.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides support to other members of the team by obtaining and maintaining supplies, instruments, equipment, pharmaceuticals (excludes narcotics), positioning accessories, cleaning and processing instruments, scopes and equipment.
• Ensures appropriate cleaning procedures are maintained and followed. Cleans and maintains autoclaves, warmers, refrigerators.
• Assists with transporting, transferring and positioning patients.
• Performs errands to other departments as needed: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, etc.
• Obtains and records pre and post operative vital signs. Charts and documents in medical record according to protocol
• Demonstrate ability to maintain appropriate monitoring records for process improvement and quality controls as assigned. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Participates in orientation, training and/or precepting of new staff.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• High School or GED
• CPR certification as defined by Billings Clinic policy
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.