The Salvation Army Part-Time Mobile Meals Program Cook in Billings, Montana
This position is eligible for, but not limited to, varying time offs.
Scope of Position/Essential Functions
· Required to obtain a Food Handlers card and be responsible for following all guidelines of the food handler's manual within 1 month of hire.
· Cleaning items and surfaces to ensure Commercial Kitchen Standards are maintained.
· Required to obtain a Food Safe Manager certificate within 3 months of hire.
· Required to work a flexible schedule in an environment with demanding timelines, shifting priorities and constant interruptions of daily routine.
· Prepare and pack meals for mobile feeding program.
· Must be able to maintain inventory and place orders with vendors.
· Need to be able to coordinate volunteer groups assisting with packaging.
· Maintain food preparation areas and assigned mobile meal vehicles for compliance with health code standards.
· Prefer 21 years of age and possessing a valid Montana Driver License
· All other duties assigned by the Corps Officer as they directly relate to the position.
Education and Work Experience
Prefer High School graduate or equivalent. At least 2 years of experience working in Commercial Food Production.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)