Billings Clinic Patient Access Specialist Admitting Float in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Patient Access Specialist Admitting Float
Billings Clinic (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $17.00 - 21.25
Patient Access Specialists are responsible for greeting and registering patients, gathering appropriate demographic and insurance information, scheduling appointments, collection of co-payments. Will be assigned to work in one or more of the primary admission areas to include the Emergency Department triage or discharge desk, psychiatric center, endoscopy, insurance verification, reference laboratory, PAT lab and/or front desk.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Completes on-line registration information gathering demographic and insurance information that results in the ability to provide accurate information for patients, guarantor, and insurance follow-up. Performs bedside registration in the ED in accordance with policies and procedures. During system down times, adheres to down time/disaster registration procedures to ensure accurate handling of information.
• Completes pre-registrations and ensures 95% of all scheduled admissions are performed in advance of date of service.
• Schedules and coordinates appointments in a manner that meets the patient’s needs and assists department in management of patient flow utilizing knowledge of MD, PAT Lab and endoscopy scheduling protocols.
• Coordinates with patients and providers, to ensure verification of insurance information is obtained and entered into the hospital system for reimbursement purposes.
• Educates patients regarding NOPP, Patient Rights and Conditions of Admissions and obtains appropriate signatures.
• Performs reception functions for PAT Lab, endoscopy and Ed triage/discharge.
• Ensures proper patient chart flow and filing procedures adhering to procedures established by Health Information Management.
• Coordinates, promotes distribution and educates patients on patient satisfaction surveys.
• Initiates collection of co-payments in accordance with each patient’s individual insurance requirements. Accepts all other payments on accounts and provides cash receipts for all transactions.
• Maintains and reconciles cash drawer bank by following written reconciliation policies and procedures - ensuring each cash drawer balances daily (Front Desk and ED Discharge areas)
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Minimum 16 years of age or older
• High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Some college or healthcare focused classes preferred such as medical terminology, medical office practices, etc.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.