SCL Health Patient Financial Advocate in Billings, Montana
Job Description:Provides financial counseling to uninsured/underinsured patients by screening for potential Medicaid eligibility, assisting with the application process through determination, providing education regarding the Affordable Care Act and assisting with navigation through the marketplace. Arranges payment plans, generates price quotes, and provides Intermountain Health Financial Assistance Applications.
Schedule for this position is 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM, Thursday-Monday
Shift differential pay does apply to this shift in addition to the base rate.
- Meets with patients and screens for potential Medicaid/State Public Benefit eligibility according to state-based guidelines. Completes and submits appropriate applications to Department of Human Services or MA Site as applicable. Follows up through determination.
- Educates patients about the Affordable Care Act, including potential eligibility during both open enrollment and in the situation of a life qualifying events. Explains qualified health plans, essential health benefits, differences in plan affordability, premium tax credits, and cost sharing. Assists individuals navigating through the web based State or Federal Marketplace.
- Meets with patients to review and process financial assistance applications. Ensures completeness, verifies supporting documentation, runs credit reports and determines eligibility.
- Provides procedure Price Quotes to patients. Assists uninsured expectant mothers who are ineligible for public benefits to sign up for Intermountain Health's Uninsured Maternity Program. Assists patients with Prescription Reimbursement programs.
- Provides patients with an Explanation of Benefits and answers questions related to coverage and billing. Completes Point of Service Collections of co-pays, deductibles, and deposits. Arranges payment plans and processes contract payments in Wells Fargo system and Epic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Anticipated job posting close date:02/21/2024
Location:St Vincent Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.$18.15 - $25.36
We care about your well-being - mind, body, and spirit - which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our, and for our ; and our commitment to.
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities