Billings Clinic Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) - Nursing Resources (per diem) in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) - Nursing Resources (per diem)
NURSING RESOURCES (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.00 - 15.00
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for providing constant observation for assigned patients. Responsible to remain actively engaged with the patient when they are not resting and monitoring the patient for safety and assisting care provider staff as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides constant observation by remaining at the bedside assigned to and remaining alert and focused on the patient. Adapts environment to provide maximum comfort for patient:
• Room temperature
• Room lighting
• Noise levels (generally quiet with low stimulation)
• Calms the patient as needed and provides diversional activities/distractions such as reading, games, activity apron, television, radio, coloring, or taking the patient for a walk as allowed.
• Maintains a safe room environment by keeping room free of obstacles and ensuring patient’s personal items are kept within reach (i.e., call light, bed side stand, glasses, etc).
• Helps patients that can walk with minimal assist to the restroom, helping with use of a walker, pushing a wheelchair, etc.
• Assists Certified Nursing Assistants or other care providers with simple tasks such as bed making, filling water pitchers as appropriate, or keeping the room orderly.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the patient/department.
a) May be requested to assist with transporting or transferring patients
b) May be requested to assist with various clerical tasks such as filing charts
c) May be requested to assist with stocking supplies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Professional interpersonal communication skills
• Interpersonal skills which enable the incumbent to appropriately respond to a variety of patient/family requests and inquiries, to respond to inquiries from physicians, nursing staff and other health care providers, and to check for understanding, allay apprehension and enlist cooperation of the patient
• Utilizing and applying PSE skills
• Communicating with patient and family and the nursing staff
• Engaging the patient and monitoring the patient for safety and assisting care providers as needed
• Analytical skills necessary to understand a variety of basic and/or routine problem scenarios associated with patient care
• Refers more difficult problems to LPN, RN, physician and/or non-physician provider
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Utilize time management concepts to maximize time effectively
• Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work with general supervision
• Function in a chaotic work environment with changing priorities as it relates to patient care needs
• Professional conduct in dealing with difficult situations with co-workers, patients, families and visitors.
• Resourcefulness in dealing with simple to moderate complexity requires ability to prioritize duties with assistance of nursing personnel.
• Performs duties as determined by Billings Clinic guidelines, physician order, and nursing direction
• Work is performed under the clinical supervision of the RN or LPN
• Simple duties performed independently
• High School or GED
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• Prior patient related experience desirable, but not required (i.e., Medical Assistant, Unit Clerk, housekeeping staff)
• CPR Certified
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.