Billings Clinic Per Diem MRI Technologist in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Per Diem MRI Technologist
MRI (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $24.39
Staff will report to Clinical Coordinator/ Supervisor of the department.
Clinical Coordinator/ Supervisor will report to the Manager of the department.
Managers will report to the Director of the department.
Directors will report to the VP/Chiefs of the department.
Direct Reports (This position evaluates another position)
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the MRI Technologist operates and maintains the magnetic resonance scanner, enhances public awareness concerning magnetic resonance imaging, and assures the safety of patients and public in application of high quality diagnostic magnetic resonance (MR) images.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Functions
•Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• According to established procedures and protocols, prepares patient for exam by assisting with dressing and undressing; assuring the removal of all metal objects and proper patient screening, lifting and assisting the patient to the exam table, proper positioning and preparation for the MR exam.
• Responsible for patient and family education prior to the procedure, minimizing claustrophobic reactions and obtaining cooperation from the patients.
• Performs the MR procedures that best assists the referring physician and radiologist in obtaining a diagnosis and improving patient management. Uses personal judgement in protocol development. Involves the radiologist and referring physician in protocol selection.
• Maintains patient and visitor safety with regard to entering the scan room. Ensures that no ferromagnetic objects enter the scan room. Ensures that personal articles are not inadvertently carried into the room and damaged. Responsible for maintaining the security zone strictly limiting access to the magnet room.
• Provides the radiologist with digital images within 30 minutes of completed exam. Ensure proper patient history and scan protocol information is included. All pertinent information is supplied to the radiologists expediently. Assists radiologist with directly viewing and manipulating images via viewing console and network technologies.
• Performs secretarial, clerical duties as required. May assist with proper patient scheduling, patient registration, answering questions and filing.
• Takes an active role in policy formation and revision. Make recommendations to Manager for changes. Participation in the development of departmental goals and objectives. Will make recommendations and presentations to Medical Directors and other health care professionals when requested. This includes typing skills, computer skills, presentation skills and basic research abilities.
• Responsible for proper venipuncture technique to inject contrast media under the supervision of a radiologist or assist the Radiology RN in establishing proper vein access. Must be prepared to aggressively assist or take responsibility in an emergency situation.
• Maintains knowledge of current applications within field by reading appropriate journal articles, attending lectures, in-services and seminars. Must utilize these resources to self-teach basic MR physics during the first year in absence of accredited MR training program. Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization including maintaining inventory of medical supplies, linen, , other associated scan supplies; maintaining a neat, orderly work area; cleaning magnet and patient transport table; maintaining other ancillary equipment.
Essential Functions Disclaimer
Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Department or Level Specific Duties and Responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE OF / SKILLS / ABILITIES / COMPLEXITIES AND DIFFICULTIES
· Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
· Personal computers, hardware and software
· Billings Clinic Code of Conduct
· Billings Clinic’s Compliance and Integrity Program
· HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
· Patient’s rights
· Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Patient safety standards
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Regulatory requirements and standards governing diagnostic imaging and radiology services (Joint Commission, OSHA, etc.)
• Radiology equipment and procedures/practices
• Magnetic Resonance equipment and procedures/practices
• Infection control and safety practices
• Personal protective equipment
• Hazardous materials and handling protocols
• Venipuncture skills
•Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrating empathy and sensitivity necessary to elicit patient cooperation and allay apprehensions
• Successfully and independently operate and maintain the magnetic resonance scanner within six months of on-site training. Students must work with on-site supervision until such time as they are registry eligible.
• Venipuncture and patient care skills
• Analytical skills necessary to perform multiple tasks simultaneously such as protocol selection, scanning, filming, archiving images, managing paperwork, log books and telephones
• Maintaining strict security zone
• Working independently
•Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Lift and position patient up to 20% of the time worked, sit and stand and walk up to 80% of the time worked; view computer screen up to 80% of the time worked
• Operate MR equipment and produce quality examinations
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• React calmly and professionally when dealing with difficult and/or emergent situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Independent judgment required to complete scans with or without established protocols and without direct supervision. Errors in conducting procedures and MR exams could result in poor quality tests that could negatively impact the quality of patient care.
• Must at times maintain the entire department independently, simultaneously scanning, preparing patients for scan, networking, answering phone, and other departmental functions.
• Must maintain a strict security zone due to the high magnetic field. Error in judgment could result in damage to personal articles, personal injury or death.
Years Of Experience
Minimum Years of Experience
Required To Have By
Within 6 months of hire
Registry with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) or be registry eligible within six months of employment
Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
Required To Have By
Current Montana state licensure for Radiologic Technology
Other Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications Disclaimer
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Working Conditions 2
Normal radiology and magnetic resonance imaging environment
May work varying shifts, weekends and/or holidays to meet business needs
Personal protective equipment such as gloves are used on a regular basis, moisture resistant gown mask and face shield are available as needed.
Physical demands: requires reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking and hearing.
Physical surroundings and hazards: Inside environmental conditions. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in a typical office or administrative work.
Participates in on-call rotations
Working Conditions List
Blood Borne Pathogen Category
Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Use of appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.
Airborne Contaminant Category
Category I: Tasks that routinely require activities that may involve exposure to airborne contaminants.
Sitting: 0-4 hrs
Sitting: 4-8 hrs
Sitting: 8+ hrs
Standing: 0-4 hrs
Standing: 4-8 hrs
Standing: 8+ hrs
Walking: 0-4 hrs
Walking: 4-8 hrs
Walking: 8+ hrs
Reaching - L, R, B
Pushing/Pulling - L, R, B
Grasping - L, R, B
Fine Manipulation - L, R, B
Lifting: 0-10 lbs
Lifting: 11-20 lbs
Lifting: 21-25 lbs
Lifting: 26-50 lbs
Lifting: 50+ lbs
Job Description Disclaimer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job.It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.