Billings Clinic Per Diem Outpatient Pharmacist - Atrium Pharmacy in Billings, Montana
Job Description: The Outpatient Pharmacist is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and delivery of quality pharmaceutical services in the outpatient pharmacy areas (community, specialty, LTC, etc). Work of the graduate pharmacist is conducted under the review and supervision of the registered pharmacist.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's and Pharmacy's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations.
• Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety, or job performance.
• Accurately reviews and verifies prescriptions. Clarifies questionable prescriptions, correctly documents all clinical interventions, and displays clinical judgement.
• Accurately, safely, and properly prepares or supervises the preparation of all non-sterile compounded and reconstituted products.
• Controls the distribution of controlled substances and dangerous drugs as required by state and federal regulations.
• Assists in the training and orientation of new employees and students. Aids, provides direction, and supervision of support of support s taff.
• Actively manages inventory including daily medication orders, out of stock issues, substitutions, medication shortages and PAR levels.
• Proficient in use of and able to trouble shoot issues related to all pharmacy software systems.
• Acts as a drug information resource to healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. Participates in the educational needs of all customers.
• Serves as a resource for pharmacy students, residents, and technician students.
• Maintains competency in processing and trouble-shooting third-party adjudication and reconciliation.
• Participates in process improvement and identifies ways to improve processes and patient care.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Participates in institutional and community efforts to promote public health and the practice of Pharmacy.
• Successful graduation from an accredited college of Pharmacy.
Certifications and Licenses
• Current license as an intern pharmacist with the Montana State Board of Pharmacy
• Eligibility to be licensed in Montana as a registered pharmacist within three (3) months of hire
• Maintain good standing with the Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Expiration Date: 07/18/2022