St. John's Lutheran Ministries Pharmacy Manager in Billings, Montana
Full-Time Monday - Friday!
Provides high quality services while practicing within legal boundaries established by federal and state government and the Montana State Board of Pharmacy. Oversees all day-to-day pharmacy operations and manages all staff in the pharmacy department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Pharmacy Responsibilities:
- Coordination and delivery of drug distribution services
- Review and approve medication and prescription orders correctly
- According to established procedures and assume responsibility for verification of technician order entry
- Responsible for reporting any suspected Adverse Drug Reactions and reviewing and assessing the reported ADR
- Responsible for following formulary management procedures
- Responsible to perform activities related to drug information and patient/family education.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget
- Manage profit and loss within a budget to create sustainability.
- Responsible for professional development
- Any other duties assigned by Vice President of Health Services
- Responsible for writing/approving policy and procedures related to the pharmacy
- Responsible for leading staff members in the pharmacy by assigning work tasks, supervising, evaluating, hiring, firing, training, and scheduling work shifts for all pharmacy employees
- Responsible for monitoring and approving payroll
- Responsible for the accuracy of pharmacy billing statements
- Address patient/POA questions, problems, and complaints
- Work with other departments to dovetail patient care seamlessly
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Participate in required meetings including quarterly CQI, monthly Leadership Team
- Participates in and directs other pharmacists in clinical tasks such as Monthly Drug Regimen Reviews and Pharmacy Care Plans
- Responsible for all pharmacy inventory including that of controlled substances
- Responsible for maintaining all licensure and certifications including state and federal pharmacy licenses, staff licenses, Combat Meth certification, CMS Fraud/Waste/Abuse certification, MPDR
- Responsible for safe receiving, storage, and disposal of medications
- Responsible for managing all pharmacy software functions
- Serves as PIC for Wheatland Memorial Pharmacy and Dahl Memorial Pharmacy ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Safety:
Obeys safety rules of St. John’s United Identifies, reports, and/or corrects obvious safety hazards Attends mandatory safety in-services Utilizes proper body mechanics when lifting stock.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Mission/Customer Service:
Supports the growth and actively engages in the Eden Alternative philosophy, including a work environment with plants and animals.
Follows the St. John’s Guidelines for Customer Service
- Let the Mission be your guide
- Make eye contact and smile
- Greet and welcome each and every person
- Seek out personal contact
- Provide immediate service-listen and act
- Use appropriate body language at all times
- Be gracious to each and every person
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Employee Responsibilities:
Follows and ensures staff follow policy and procedures on annual TB testing. Follows and ensures staff follow policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations. Attends and ensures staff attend all mandatory in-services Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Health Services
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or Master of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Current Licensure (Montana). At least 2 years of experience as a supervisor or manager of Pharmacy preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Skill in observation.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with residents, family members, medical personnel, and coworkers.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Ability to operate/use computers.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate activities of technicians
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to respond to residents needs in a timely and professional manner, recognizing the resident’s rights.
- Ability to understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage and lead pharmacy staff members
- Skills in organization and prioritizing