Billings Clinic Pharmacy Technician Certified - Atrium in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Pharmacy Technician Certified - Atrium
PHARMACY-ATRIUM (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evening, Weekends
Schedule: S-S 6:30AM-9:30PM, 10 hour shifts
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $16.00 - $20.00
This position is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the delivery of quality pharmaceutical care and medication distribution as permitted by law.
Essential Job Functions
• Answers the telephone and assists customers seeking pharmaceutical care. Performs a variety of data entry and report generating tasks.
• Assists the pharmacist with all aspects of the Billings Clinic medication distribution system including compounding/admixing pharmaceutical preparations, filling bottles/bingo cards with prescribed tablets/capsules, processing prescriptions and emergent prescriptions, adjudicating claims, performing point of sale functions, proper utilization of outpatient pharmacy technology etc.
• Maintains adequate medication inventories and supplies to meet dispensing needs.
• Maintains an accurate controlled substance perpetual inventory via appropriate use of controlled substance vault or controlled substance records.
• Facilitates the delivery of all pharmaceuticals to meet the needs of the customer/patient and ensures proper point-of-sale (POS ) processes and balancing of POS funds and registers.
• Maintains the pharmacy in a neat and organized condition.
• Processes complete prescription claims including proper adjudication/reconciliation, insurance verification, prior authorization, and compassionate care/medication assistance programs associated with patient accounts and insurance claims billing.
• Enters medication charges and credits for the adjudication/reconciliation of patient accounts and insurance claims billing.
• Participates in quality improvement activities utilizing performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Educates and trains new pharmacy staff, students, and residents, as appropriate.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• High school graduate or equivalent and be at least 18 years old.
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana state certification and any national certification approved by the Montana State Board of Pharmacy and meet requirements to maintain national certification which requires completion of 20 hours continuing education and payment of the appropriate fee every two years
• All Pharmacy Technicians must successfully complete all required training and department/position specific competencies.
• All Pharmacy Technicians must successfully maintain continuing education per board of pharmacy requirements and produce such documentation upon request.
• All Pharmacy Technicians must not be on the OIG exclusion list.
• Must successfully pass the Billings Clinic Inpatient Pharmacy training competencies within the first six (6) months of employment as appropriate for each staffing area.
• All staff that have the potential to compound IV medications must successfully complete and demonstrate competency with regards to the application of Billings Clinic policy PCMM-210-Guidelines for Use & Handling of Cytotoxic and Other Hazardous Drugs and departmental USP-797 policies, including passing annual media fill and gloved-fingertip sampling evaluations.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.