Billings Clinic Philanthropic Advisor - Major Gifts in Billings, Montana
Job Description: The Philanthropic Advisor - Major Gifts is responsible for working diligently on securing support for the Foundation's major gifts program. In this position you will work in the area of major gifts, planned giving, estate planning, high level corporate giving programs, and will serve in a key role for existing major donor stewardship efforts.
As part of your responsibilities, you will execute a comprehensive major gift program utilizing best practice for major giving donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, renewal and stewardship. Will manage an individual prospect/existing donor pool and work collaboratively with other development officers, administration and volunteers. You will plan donor opportunities that may involve the Foundation President, Senior Director of Philanthropy, Senior Philanthropic Advisor, Billings Clinic CEO, physicians and board members in the major gift request process. This position reports to the Foundation Senior Director of Philanthropy.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations.
• Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Responsible for the Billings Clinic Foundation's comprehensive major gift program, developing and implementing strategy for individual major gift donor relationship management to meet short and long-term strategic goals.
• Develops and oversees the prospect identification, discovery, cultivation and solicitation development plan, tracking assignments and progress. Plan is updated on an ongoing basis. Plan will also incorporate ongoing donor stewardship.
• Through a strategic, individualized plan, leads in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of those individuals, businesses, or foundations able to make gifts of five and six figures, with the assistance of key leadership, physicians, volunteers and existing donors.
• Maintains a working knowledge of specific current and future programs and needs of Billings Clinic that will benefit from philanthropy.
• Establishes and maintains contact, both informal and planned, with financial advisors, trust officers, tax advisors and attorneys familiar with tax law implications of charitable giving.
• Provides continuity to the legacy society to increase the number of bequests and planned gifts that name Billings Clinic Foundation as a beneficiary.
• Provides educational offerings to explain opportunities with Billings Clinic Foundation to prospective and existing donors.
• In conjunction with the Foundation team, designs and implements strategies for engaging physician participation in the Foundation's giving programs.
• Evaluates changing trend s in philanthropy, tax and estate planning regulations to develop new programs responsive to the fundraising needs of Billings Clinic.
• Responsible for the acquisition of major gifts in conjunction with the Classic cause annually.
• Performs other duties as assigned for the Classic.
• Provides reports and information to key prospects and donors through newsletters, mailings and organizational updates specific to the major gifts program.
• Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• 4 Year Bachelor's Degree minimum, Graduate Degree preferred
• 5 Years of experience relating to philanthropy or fundraising
• Possess an excellent working knowledge of the fundraising profession including fund raising programs/tools
• Must be able to work independently
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience, such as professional healthcare, business, law, real estate or clergy, relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification through National Society of Fund Raising Executives, preferred