Billings Clinic Physician Assistant - Orthopedics Trauma in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Physician Assistant - Orthopedics Trauma
ORTHOPEDICS (BILLINGS CLINIC ORTHOPEDIC & SPORTS MEDICINE)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
Under clinical supervision of a physician and direct supervision of the Manager/Director, the Physician Assistant provides general medical care, treatment and health care services to patients within the scope of their licensure and expertise level of the supervising physician.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Examines patients and performs comprehensive physical examination, compiles patient medical data including health history and results of physical examination.
• Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, laboratory, and other ancillary services as appropriate and differentiates between normal and abnormal information contained in the test results. (Patient Care, Testing Diagnostic Tests)
• Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care and managing infections within the scope of their licensure and the expertise level of the supervising physician. (Patient Care, Procedures, Midlevel Scope of Practice)
• Formulates diagnosis of medical problem, develops, implements and monitors patient care plans, records progress notes and assists in the provision of continuity of care; conferring with the supervising physician as necessary and/or appropriate. (Patient Care, Treatment plan, Patient Care Plan)
• Instructs and counsels patients and families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. (Education, Patient, Educates Patient)
• Refers patients to other health care providers and appropriate sources of care as necessary.
• Participates in on-call rotations and off hour rounding as it pertains to the specific department. (working condition)
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements; acquires knowledge and skills essential to incorporating into practice proven new evaluation/treatment modalities.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality; participates in the continued program development and marketing of service line.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate Degree from accredited Physician Assistant program / Nurse Practitioners’ program
Certifications and Licenses
• Current National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants (NCCPA) Board Certification/License as Physician Assistant
• Approved to practice as a physician assistant in Montana or Wyoming by Board of Medical Examiners
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification; additional CPR certifications may be required depending on the patient population and/or service area
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.