Billings Clinic Radiation Therapist in Billings, Montana
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.80 = 64 hours
Starting Wage DOE: $31.03 - $37.24
Provides radiation therapy services by contributing as an essential member of the radiation oncology treatment team. Responsible for performing the accurate delivery of prescribed radiation therapy under the direction of a Radiation Oncologist, using a variety of complex techniques and equipment. Shares and coordinates key information with other members of the healthcare team. Performs radiation therapy procedures on all patients served to include pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Essential Job Functions:
• Administers a course of radiation therapy as prescribed by the radiation oncologist. Maintains daily records and documents technical details of treatment administered. Understands use of all treatment accessories;
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of CT Simulation techniques to provide backup in CT Simulation. Coordinates with the radiation oncologist and physics staff to insure proper positioning and measurements for planning and calculations;
• Understands the function and utilization of therapy treatment equipment. Is familiar with all equipment in their work areas as to include function, emergency shutdown procedures, warm-up procedures, and usage as it applies to the radiation therapy patient;
• Communicates with patients, other health professionals and the public. Provides patient care and comfort essential to radiation therapy. Observes the first signs of any complications and relays information to physician or radiation oncology nurse;
• Maintains knowledge of billing/patient charges and generates daily charges on the ARIA software;
• Performs monitor unit calculations in accordance with established procedures when appropriate. Performs checks on patients’ charts for accuracy and documentation according to established procedures;
• Maintains knowledge of mold room procedures. Is able to construct electron blocks or other devices as appropriate;
• Is assigned to the on call schedule as per established procedures. Is able to complete patient setup, calculations and treatment on emergency basis;
• Maintains all equipment within a therapist scope of practice, including logs. Reports equipment malfunctions to medical physicist, chief therapist or department manager. Participants in quality assessment and improvement plan;
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements;
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Maintain clinical competencies for assigned clinical areas. Maintain ARRT Certification in radiation therapy with documented continuing education as required by ARRT;
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate from an accredited school of radiation therapy;
• Current Montana Licensure;
• Registered in Radiation Therapy by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists in Radiation (ARRT) OR Registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) within six (6) months of employment with Billings Clinic. All candidates must become registrants within six (6) months of employment with Billings Clinic;
• Current Health Care Provider CPR Certification;
• Participates in on-call rotations.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.