Billings Clinic Respiratory Care Assistant in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Respiratory Care Assistant
RESPIRATORY THERAPY (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Shift: Day, Evening, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.00
The Respiratory Care Assistant provides support for respiratory care services for the treatment of patients with disordered respiratory physiology under the direction of a registered respiratory therapist. Responsible for delivering varied oxygen devices on a timely basis. The respiratory therapy assistant performs hospital-wide rounds on a daily basis to monitor and provide service to patients using respiratory support devices. Supports the respiratory therapists, nurses, and physicians with their equipment/supplies needs, work lists, workload data throughout the Billings Clinic.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Upon direction from RRTs, performs basic respiratory care support functions including rest walks and coordination of home oxygen set-ups. For Home Oxygen/DME only: completes CPAP mask fitting and demonstration of CPAP equipment.
• According to standard procedures, sets up routine oxygen devices. For Home Oxygen/DME only: verifies prescribed fraction of inspired oxygen by use of an oxygen analyzer, and recognizes and reports deficiencies of oxygen or other devices.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient need a nd documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Rounds, monitors and refills respiratory/pulmonary supplies throughout assigned areas of the organization from predetermined par levels and within established budgetary guidelines. Maintains supply area to ensure work areas are neat and organized and supplies are readily available for future patient care needs.
• Dissembles, cleans, disinfects, rinses, dries, assembles, assures proper function, packages and dispenses permanent simi-critical respiratory therapy equipment in accordance with infection control standards.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own growth and development needs; meets all system and departmental educational and continuing education requirements.
• Perform s all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/ organization.
High School or GED
Some experience in healthcare preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.