St. John's Lutheran Ministries Retirement Counselor in Billings, Montana
Full-Time: This position is non-commissioned based.
Under limited supervision, plans, implements, and manages the integrated marketing and sales programs, activities, and initiatives for managed and developing housing properties of St. John’s Lutheran Ministries. Manages all strategic, operational, fiscal, and administrative aspects of the Marketing and Sales for Management, and oversees and coordinates the utilization of team assistance.
- Greets all visitors pleasantly and professionally while presenting an open, positive image for St. John’s Lutheran Ministries.
- Develops and implements an integrated range of marketing concepts and methodologies; plans and develops marketing and sales strategies consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the business.
- Works closely with the Mission Ridge Marketing and Sales team, sharing resources, and keeps procedures and practices similar in function.
- Identifies and creates venues for public marketing involvement including other organizations, service clubs, trade shows, etc.
- Provides market research and analysis; prepares research-based reports and sales forecasts for Administrator and senior management.
- Works closely with Wyndstone Administrator in developing and managing annual sales and operating budgets, and regularly monitors performance to budget parameters.
- Assumes responsibility of all publicity, advertising, direct mail, catalogs, exhibits, awards, author communications, and website management.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short – and – long range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Works with supervisor to re-assess and develop goals that include but are not limited to the scope of this position description. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Obeys safety rules of St. John’s Lutheran Ministries
- Identifies, reports, and/or corrects obvious safety hazards
Attends mandatory safety in-services Mission/Customer Service:
Supports the growth and actively engages in the Eden Alternative philosophy, including a work environment with plants and animals.
- Follows the St. John’s Guidelines for Customer Service
- Let the Mission be your guide
- Make eye contact and smile
- Greet and welcome each and every person
- Seek out personal contact
- Provide immediate service-listen and act
- Use appropriate body language at all times
Be gracious to each and every person Employee Responsibilities:
Follows policy and procedures on annual TB testing.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations.
- Attends all mandatory in-services KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS/ABILITIES, WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of post secondary education.
Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and ACT (leads management software) preferred. Skills/Abilities:
Ability to develop and implement comprehensive marketing goals, strategies, and plans.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in organizing resources, analyzing and solving problems establishing priorities, and making evaluative judgments.
- Knowledge of market research and sales forecasting principles and methodologies.
- Ability to compile and analyze statistical data, draw inferences, and prepare strategic and operational reports and recommendations.
- Advance direct sales skills from lead generation to closing.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Be familiar with and know how to use the various methods of closing to achieve the desired result.
- Be familiar with the common buyer objections raised by prospects and know how to overcome them.
- Be able to skillfully interview prospects or their representatives to ascertain how community will meet their needs.
- Call on prospects in their homes.
- Make evening or weekend appointment if necessary to close a sale
Make group presentations. Work Experience:
Preferred experience in a similar residential setting and sales.