Billings Clinic RN Clinic Neurosurgery in Billings, Montana
This position may be eligible for an incentive.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizes a holistic approach and evidence-based nursing practices, supported by nursing research. Incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates/triages and documents safe patient care consistent with Billings Clinic and departmental values/goals, policies, and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic and departmental safety standards, policies, and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate departmental skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for o wn professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients and/or families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor's degree in nursing within 4 year of hire
Certifications and Licenses
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification required
• Current Montana or Wyoming state license as a registered nurse required
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.