Billings Clinic RN Health Advocate - Healthline in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
RN Health Advocate - Healthline
BILLINGS CLINIC HEALTHLINE (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $25.68 - $32.23
This position may be eligible for a sign-on incentive, relocation, and student loan repayment
Promotes wellness and informed decisions by providing health information, home care suggestions and prevention concepts through use of departmental protocols. Assists the public with access to health care services and information. Provides services via the telephone, in person, mail and e-mail.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Consistently uses protocols to medically triage patients to the appropriate level of care. Utilizes critical thinking skills to assist in this process. Consideration is given to the appropriateness of education and patient care recommendations based on the age and individual needs of the patient.
• Provides health information per individual requests to provide educational needs. Utilizing multiple resources in various formats to assemble consumer-individualized printed or verbal information.
• Provides physician referrals based on consumer-identified needs. Schedules appointments in a manner that meets the patient’s needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• May assist in obtaining initial information from patients, such as family history, social history, medication reconciliation.
• Documents complete and accurate information in software
• Provides follow-up calls for specified departments to assist with the follow through of care. Follows department procedures for notification of concerns to appropriate area.
• Communicates efficiently and effectively with co-workers about changes that may be encountered during their shift.
• Provides follow-up calls for departments to assist with the follow through of care.
• Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate of accredited program of nursing; BSN preferred or specific community health focused nursing education. Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years after their hire date. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.
• Five (5) years general nursing experience; varied clinical experience preferred
• Office or clinical nursing experience helpful
• Excellent verbal skills including a telephone voice and speech pattern that is articulate and has a pleasant tone
• Typing at 35 words per minute with accuracy
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Montana. Required to obtain Wyoming Nurse License within 6 weeks of hire.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.