Billings Clinic RN HOSPITAL NURSING RESOURCES (0.6FTE ) Days in Billings, Montana
This position may be eligible for an employment incentive
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed
• plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
• Utilizes perfor mance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient's families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient