City of Billings ROAD SUPERVISOR in Billings, Montana
May 10, 2022 12:41 PM
Open Until Filled
MET Transit ◄ Back to All Categories (Jobs.aspx) ROAD SUPERVISOR
The City of Billings Aviation and Transit Department, MET Transit Division is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to supervise, assign, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for providing transit operations within the Transit Division and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: selection and supervision of transit staff including staff training and discipline; inspecting of assigned staff work product for proper methods and compliance with operations; implementation of policies and procedures; providing daily safety briefings; monitoring and correction of daily operator schedules; implementation of Safety Assurance aspects of the Transportation Agency Safety Plan including reviewing adherence to safety policies, completing of randomly selected safety assurance reviews, and entering of supervisor notes; making recommendations on and executing safety communication and recognition programs; responding to and investigating of accidents, incidents, and other issues; providing in-the-field support to assigned staff to assist in transit operations, enforcement of passenger policies, and other operational activities; monitor division radio communications and respond to radio calls as necessary; identify and assist in mitigation of observed hazards; responding to customer inquiries and complaints; gathering data, maintaining of records, and preparing various reports; participating in updates to departmental policies, procedures, and practices; reporting system performance issues and working with upper management on strategies of improvement; making recommendations for equipment and technology updates based on in the field observations; participating on assigned committees.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, varies based on operational needs including Saturdays with occasional on-call and overtime required. MET Transit operates Monday – Saturday.
Salary: $23.63 – $24.80/hour, salary at hiring will be dependent up the applicant’s education and experience (this salary range reflects steps 1 and 2 of a 7 step pay scale for this position), plus excellent benefits
• High School Diploma or GED
• Two (2) years of education or training
• Three (3) or more years of experience in transportation, driving instruction, business or public administration, customer services, human services, safety or a related field
• A combined five (5) or more years of education and experience in transportation, driving instruction, business or public administration, customer services, human services, safety or a related field
• Experience in use of technology and computers, including Microsoft Office programs
• Strong interpersonal, organization, and writing skills
• A Montana commercial driver's license, Class B, Type 2 commercial driver’s license with airbrake and passenger endorsement or must obtain within ninety (90) days of employment
• Associate’s degree in transportation, driving instruction, business or public administration, customer services, human services, safety or a related field
• Experience with city government, state and federal regulations, and compliance
• Knowledge of city Transit Operations
• Supervisory experience
• City of Billings job application
• Cover letter
Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, and a Federal and State criminal history background check, and driving records check.
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online atwww.billingsmt.govor to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Apply on-line for this position.