Billings Clinic Scheduling Maintenance Support Specialist in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Scheduling Maintenance Support Specialist
SCHEDULING - CLINIC (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 14.73 -17.97
Scheduling Maintenance Analysts are responsible for creating, editing and maintaining master templates for physician, hospital and clinic ancillary appointment types and scheduling protocols as requested by physicians and in accordance with access initiatives. Provide back up support and coverage to the Central Appointment Desk (CAD) as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Builds, tests, and maintains schedules in Cerner at Billings Clinic. Cycle servers and communicates to the appropriate personnel.
• Maintains Green slip process and calendar logs. Works with leadership in the rescheduling of patients affected by provider time off requests. May assist Central Appointment Desk staff with rescheduling patients whose appointments are affected by a change in physician schedule.
• Creates, builds, edits and maintains master templates within Cerner for Billings Clinic Resources. As requested by leadership and in accordance with access initiatives.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for all scheduling protocols. Works closely with the departmental leadership to adjust and maintain protocols that support and help maximize patient flow and utilization of providers/physician’s time. Communicates changes in protocols and updates to appropriate personnel. Acts as a resource to scheduling staff assisting with scheduling related problems and responding to procedural questions.
• Participates in validating impact of upgrades and new features, assists with product testing and resolving associated problems while working closely Scheduling Informaticists
• Provides reports as requested by departmental leadership and utilizing reports to support the role.
• Provides support and assistance to the Central Appointment Desk as needed.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Billings Clinic physicians and specialties
• Customer service and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Cerner Scheduling
• Medical terminology, preferred
• Basic knowledge of diagnostic and billing codes (i.e., ICD, HCPCS, etc.)
• Advanced professional communication skills, both verbal and written needed in order to communicate with all professional levels within the organization and to be able to manage and resolve conflict and deal with difficult situations
• Understanding the ramifications of inefficient scheduling and schedule composition and impact to Billings Clinic physicians/providers productivity
• Basic keyboarding
• Utilization of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Cerner Schedule application and related tools needed to accurately build Cerner scheduling
• Analytical skills to solve simple to semi-complex problems
• Organization, prioritization, and time management
• Active listening skills
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Operate required office machines
• Concentrate and pay close attention to detail and work independently
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Maintain composure in a position that has considerable deadlines, customer contact, and high volume
• Be flexible to facilitate change
• Incorrect building, mapping and maintenance of scheduling information can result in the loss of revenue if data does not flow to the billing systems correctly.
• Scheduling errors can result in loss of productivity, revenue and patient satisfaction issues. Must fully understand the ramifications of inefficient scheduling and schedule composition and impact to Billings Clinic physicians/providers productivity.
• Scheduling protocols and maintenance is provided for all Billings Clinic providers and equipment and/or other resources
• Position requires highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information handled; failure to maintain patient confidentiality could result in legal action and patient satisfaction issues.
• Using multiple software programs on the same computer at same time is essential to proper scheduling.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• One (1) year experience in Cerner scheduling at Billings Clinic
Certifications and Licenses
• Complete Cerner classes within one (1) year of assuming role
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.