LONG Building Technologies, Inc. Security Solutions Manager in Billings, Montana
LONG Building Technologies
LONG Building Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Management • Billings, Montana
The Security Manager leads, guides and oversees sales and operational strategy for the LONG Montana Security Solutions business unit. This position is responsible for ensuring profitability for the Security Solutions business unit, contributing to the overall success of the company. The Security Manager will bring creativity and innovation to LONG as an integral part of moving the company forward and competing in the marketplace. You will be responsible for ensuring the continued success and growth of Montana Security Solutions, while engaging and interacting with your peers throughout the states we serve.
- Takes initiative in controlling costs and ensuring business unit and company profitability. Ensures the profitability and timeliness of all business unit activities. Actively contributes to business unit sales success, assisting with sales and pricing.
- Completes projects according to proposal, drawings and specifications, cost estimates, customer expectations, and time frames. Effectively manages and executes contractual obligations. Assists sales personnel in accurate estimating.
- Directs and/or performs engineering, preparation of submittals and installation drawings, selection, ordering and scheduling of materials, plus installations at the jobsite within estimated costs.
- Schedule and control of personnel, equipment, subcontracting, and material to meet project requirements and schedules.
- Helps develop and measure employee and operational success.
- Works to ensure that LONG is fairly compensated for all work, including that performed outside contractual obligations.
- Partners with LONG support functions (accounting, human resources, IT, etc.) to ensure smooth and profitable execution of business plan and operational objectives.
- Conducts ongoing forecasting for personnel, equipment, tools and materials.
- Recruits, develops, and motivates efficient, productive, and enthusiastic personnel through training, support, and leadership. Effectively utilizes performance management processes and proceeds with disciplinary action/termination as appropriate.
- Continuously strives to improve LONG processes, quality, employees, and oneself.
- Meets and consults with customers and employees often. Ensures internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.isits jobsites and interacts with customers and LONG personnel in the field as appropriate. Maintains and improves factory relations, factory performance goals and factory trips.
- Monitors the industry, competitors, manufacturers, and customers to help create and coordinate strategic direction for the business unit and LONG Building Technologies.
- Maintains a high level of technical competencies and awareness relevant to all business unit activities. Remains current and continually increases knowledge on industry and company trends, competitors, regulations, laws and technology.
- Responsible for compliance with all licensing, permitting, reporting, environmental, federal, local, state and regulatory bodies relative to work executed by business unit.
- Follows and enforces all LONG and OSHA employee rules, procedures and policies including employee manual and safety regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, applicable field of study or 10+ years' relevant industry experience Successful application of performance management, employee coaching, and recruiting/retention
- Extensive knowledge of Security, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom etc. and electrical systems, engineering, installation, management, and construction procedures
- Strong management/leadership, communication and listening skills Strong customer negotiation skills
- Alcohol and Drug-free
- Ability to travel to and inspect jobsites, and visit customer locations for sales and project management requirements
- Ability to climb ladders and function at heights
- Routine sitting, lifting, bending, and kneeling. Occasional pushing, climbing, and moving heavy objects.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. from floor to countertop and countertop to floor
- Inclement weather
- High, precarious places