Billings Clinic Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE - 8731 (ROCKY MOUNTAIN PROFESSIONAL BUILDING)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $78,915 - $92,726
This position is eligible for full-time remote and/or telework if located in Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Virginia, or Texas. H-1B Visa sponsorship-eligible.
Candidates with sufficient experience may be considered for Principal BI Analyst position.
The BI Analyst is responsible for developing analytics for all areas of Billings Clinic business segments. This entails gathering specifications, extracting, interpreting, and analyzing data through report and data visualization development to deliver actionable insights. This role requires someone who is curious in nature and adaptable to change.
Essential Job Functions
• Creates actionable data insights that highlight key performance indicators, identifies areas of opportunity for current operations, and displays root cause analysis of problems.
• Data Storytelling; effectively designs and communicates data insights using narratives and visualizations.
• Integrates components of the Microsoft Power Platform to deliver data insights and trigger downstream processes. (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate)
• Guides the adoption, development and implementation of new analytic tools, technologies, and practices.
• Promotes data literacy within the organization by maintaining the ability to read, write and communicate data in context, including an understanding of data sources and constructs, analytical methods and techniques applied, and the ability to describe the use case, application and resulting value.
• Maintains an understanding of business workflows and processes to support data initiatives.
• Creates presentations for stakeholders and/or leadership to highlight key analysis takeaways.
• Creates and manages data validation plans to ensure data presented is trusted.
• Supports self-service BI users in their understanding of data and tools.
• Provides reporting solutions and responds to ad-hoc report requests from the business unit
• Develops and converts user requirements into technical specifications for development.
• Knowledge of and adherence to agile software development lifecycle.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Provide mentorship and/or training opportunities to other BI team members.
• Understanding business objective, collecting business requirements, and translating them into data requirement.
• Designing and developing reports or dashboards (code and visualization), scheduling and deployment of business intelligence components in accordance with supplied standards and best practices and completing accurate and timely documentation.
• Support actionable insights by implementing automated data threshold alerts that trigger downstream processes.
• Create training and internal QA/UAT documentation, perform quality assurance and ongoing monitoring of current reports and data for accuracy and usage.
• Identify, utilize, and analyze appropriate datasets needed for decision making.
• Provide end-user training on analytic assets.
• Automating data collection and building advanced analytics solutions and dashboards from complex and often disparate data sets.
• Act as technical resource for front-end reporting tooling support questions.
• B.S or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Informatics, Healthcare Admin or other field preferred
• 3+ years related work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of data analysis, data modeling, and data storytelling techniques
• Advanced knowledge of developing data visualizations with BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform including Power BI, Power Automate, and Power Apps.
• Advanced knowledge of ad-hoc report development.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with business leaders to identify opportunities that align analytics services with operational needs.
• Advanced problem-solving skills, including the ability to see connections between available data and user behavior.
• Strong Experience in Agile project management methodologies and business analysis processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of at least one of the following data languages preferred, but not required (DAX, M, T-SQL, R, Python).
• Demonstrate knowledge in statistical forecasting principles preferred, but not required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to perform under pressure, attention to detail and appreciation for rigorous release management process is important.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.