Henningson, Durham & Richardson, PC Senior Traffic Engineer in Billings, Montana
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.Watch Our Story:We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Traffic Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Provide design oversight along with detailed analysis and design for the production of roadway, lighting, signing, pavement marking, traffic signals and traffic management system design plans; intersection design; capacity and signal warrant analyses; and all aspects of an Intelligent Traffic Sub-system
- Assist in providing oversight of the traffic control and sequencing plans throughout the construction phase of the project
- Serve as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity while planning and developing projects or design activities that have significant impact on major company programs
- Organize and supervise work of professionals and technicians as needed
- Serve as project manager on larger projects, though project management is not sole focus of position as needed
- Collaborate with national experts with a common goal to develop solutions for technically complex traffic engineering problems
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 year's experience in ITS and traffic engineering for urban and rural highways, major and minor interchanges, and intersections
- Knowledge of regulations of state and federal transportation agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and ability to work in a team environment
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Experience using HCS, CORSIM, Synchro/SIM Traffic, VISSIM, and other software packages
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
HDR provides a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonus and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $103,000-$148,000 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. (Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles are eligible for limited benefits.)
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.