Billings Clinic Social Services Care Manager in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Social Services Care Manager
CARE MANAGEMENT (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Schedule: M-F 8-4:30
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: Commensurate with experience.
Under the direction of department leadership, social service care manager staff provide services consisting of comprehensive case management, care coordination, continuing care services, and clinical social work services including crisis intervention and emotional support within the professional’s defined scope of practice. In addition, the social services care manager is responsible for providing education addressing physical, psychosocial, financial, environmental, and other needs of patients and families and/or significant others. The social services care manager is part of an interdisciplinary team who promotes health and address medical and non-medical barriers.
Essential Job Functions
• Proactively screens and assesses the acuity and transitional needs of each assigned patient.
• Identifies high risk patients through risk stratification tools and ongoing assessments including ED utilization and hospitalizations to address the medical/psychosocial/financial needs of the patients and their support systems in both ambulatory and hospital settings.
• Conducts initial and ongoing assessments and chart review to identify potential and or actual psychosocial barriers.
• Engages and collaborates with patients, family members and healthcare team to establish a care plan that addresses the mutually identified needs of the patient.
• Treats all patients with compassion and respects individual rights to self-determination.
• Coordinates patient needs between support systems, healthcare professionals, community and state agencies. Serves as a liaison between hospital, clinic and community agencies to facilitate care coordination and the exchange of clinical and referral information.
• Advocate for and assist the patient as they move across the care continuum.
• Provides information and education about available resources to patients and their support systems.
• Reinforces goals of care and treatment plans with patients and support systems in order to enhance patient and support system engagement.
• Partners with the multidisciplinary/healthcare team and the Care Management team to guide/advocate placement to the appropriate Acute rehab, LTACH, SNF, long-term care facility, assisted living facility, or Home Health Care, in-home services, hospice, ancillary OP services and/or DME as clinically appropriate and within scope of practice.
• Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of services and resources related to the needs of the patient.
• Effectively collaborates and coordinates care needs with the care management team as appropriate for optimal patient outcomes.
• Monitors the need for revisions to the plan of care and makes recommendations to the multidisciplinary team when indicated.
• Understands consultative disciplines and their role in patient care.
• Maintains working knowledge of CMS requirements and readmission penalties.
• Maintains working knowledge of insurance/payer benefits.
• Modifies treatment plans to reflect changes in patient’s progress related to the plan of care.
• Social service Care managers will ensure that assessment, interventions and goals of care are accurately documented in the patient’s electronic medical record in a timely manner.
• Utilizes standards of professional practice in all documentation and communication consistent with organization/department policy as well as professional licensing boards and ethical guidelines established and universally supported by the profession.
• Documentation and patient information shall be secured and maintained in accordance with Billings Clinic policy, HIPPA, state and federal guidelines.
• Identifies service gaps and participates in organization programs to address and improve quality of care.
• Advocates for marginalized or vulnerable populations by identifying cases of abuse and neglect and appropriately involving risk management and regulatory agencies.
• Participates in continuing education, department planning, work teams and process improvement activities.
• Adheres to department and organizational policies including but not limited to confidentiality, infection control, patient rights, medical ethics, advance directives, and disaster protocol and safety.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, open minded and adaptable to change.
• Maintains current licensure (where applicable).
• Utilizes standards of professional practice in all communication with patients, support systems and colleagues.
• Maintains competency in organizational and departmental policies/processes relevant to job performance.
• 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree social work or related field; human services, sociology or psychology.
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Previous experience in health care field preferred.
• Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
• Willingness to establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage conflict, stress and multiple simultaneous work demands in an effective and professional manner.
• Incorporate population specific needs, from birth to geriatrics, into all aspects of communication and patient care.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.