Billings Clinic Social Worker (Per Diem) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Social Worker (Per Diem)
CANCER ADMINISTRATION (Cancer Center)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
Under the direction of department leadership, social work staff provides services consisting of comprehensive case management, care coordination, continuing care services, and clinical social work services including crisis intervention. In addition, the Social Worker is responsible for providing education addressing physical, psychosocial, financial, environmental and other needs of patients and families and/or significant others. The Social Worker is part of an interdisciplinary team who promotes health and addresses medical and non medical barriers. Case management is not a profession in itself, but an area of practice within the social work profession.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
Assessment and Interventions
• Supports patients to ensure they can function to the best of their ability and maintain optimal health related to their medical condition. Provide education and information to patient’s identified support systems.
• Utilizes interviews and patient record reviews to identify actual or potential barriers and care needs.
• Interacts with patients, support systems, healthcare professionals, community and state agencies.
• Serves as a liaison between hospital, clinic and community agencies to facilitate the exchange of clinical and referral information.
• Identifies high-risk patients from a medical/psychosocial/financial perspective, assesses the needs of patients and support systems.
• Discusses evaluations, goals and treatments with patients and support systems in order to enhance patient and support system engagement.
• Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to identify needs of patients and their support systems.
• Helps navigate patient through the healthcare system.
• Provides timely referral and coordinates with agencies/facilities to ensure services are in place to meet the patient’s and organizational needs to achieve continuity and quality of care.
• Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of services/resources related to the needs of specific patient populations. Demonstrates resourcefulness when collaborating with the interdisciplinary team.
• Provides information about available resources to patients and their support systems.
• Maintains current knowledge regarding insurance benefit reimbursement, community resource and ancillary clinical services to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
• Monitors the need for revisions in the plan of care and makes recommendations to multidisciplinary team when indicated. Modifies treatment plans to reflect changes in patients or their support system status and needs.
• Monitors, evaluates and documents patient progress related to the plan of care.
• Documents interventions in medical record including patient and support system communication.
• Documentation is timely, reflects professional practice and is consistent with departmental/organizational policy.
Safety/Quality Assurance/Risk Management
• Identifies service gaps and participates in hospital and department programs to address and improve quality of care.
• Participates in continuing education, department planning, work teams and process improvement activities.
• Adheres to department and organizational policies addressing confidentiality, infection control, patient rights, medical ethics, advance directives, disaster protocols and safety.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, open minded and adaptable to change
• Master’s degree in social work, preferred or equivalent human services field may be considered
Certifications and Licenses
• CPR At hire
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.