Billings Clinic SUPPLY CHAIN OPS COORDINATOR in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
SUPPLY CHAIN OPS COORDINATOR
SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $19.78
Staff will report to Clinical Coordinator/ Supervisor of the department.
Clinical Coordinator/ Supervisor will report to the Manager of the department.
Managers will report to the Director of the department.
Directors will report to the VP/Chiefs of the department.
Direct Reports (This position evaluates another position)
The Supply Chain Operations Supervisor provides leadership to the Supply Chain Technicians. The position is responsible for supervision of the staff and the daily operations related to distribution, mail room, copy center, courier services, warehouse, and shipping and receiving, floor stock and linen. Personnel management responsibilities include personnel selection, orientation and training and on-going education, coaching/counseling, mentoring, performance appraisals, and disciplinary processes. The Supply Chain Operations Supervisor participates in budgetary compliance, development of policies and procedures, information systems management and adherence to all quality and safety indicators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Functions
•Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Responsible for personnel management to include interviewing, hiring, orientation/training, coaching/counseling, mentoring, performance appraisals, and disciplinary actions up to and including termination as coordinated with the Manager/Director and Human Resources. Establishes priorities and assigns workloads.
• Participates in both short and long term planning and annual budgeting process. Is fiscally responsible and maintains expenses within agreed upon budgetary constraints.
• Develops and maintains policies and procedures for all service areas including distribution, mail room, copy center, shipping/receiving, floor stock and linens.
• Determines quantities for floor par and warehouse stocks. Recommends standardization of warehouse stock items and other cost containment issues.
• Assists the Fixed Assets Specialist in accounting with coordination of the equipment disposition program.
• Acts as a liaison with other departmental staff concerning supply issues. Provides advice concerning logistical support and product flow. Participates in Billings Clinic committees as appropriate (i.e., Product Standards Committee).
• Monitors distribution activities and utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Responsible for supervision, monitoring and tracking of the bulk mail accounts, fees and prepaids, business reply accounts and prepaid postage by phone budget. Coordinates closely with the primary users which include Marketing, Community Relations, Foundation, Research Division and Administration to ensure adequate budget and funding for all mail projects and services required to meet business needs.
• Monitors, verifies and tracks patient charge capture programs for reusable equipment to ensure accurate and timely posting to the billing system.
• Maintains computer application or system files that impact the warehouse issued patient chargeable goods and/or patient charge capture. Responsible for maintaining master files, troubleshooting problem scenarios. Coordinates with SCO Informatics Analyst in the design, update, scheduling of upgrades and problem resolution of information systems utilized by Supply Chain Operations Department.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Essential Functions Disclaimer
Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Department or Level Specific Duties and Responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE OF / SKILLS / ABILITIES / COMPLEXITIES AND DIFFICULTIES
· Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
· Personal computers, hardware and software
· Billings Clinic Code of Conduct
· Billings Clinic’s Compliance and Integrity Program
· HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
· Patient’s rights
· Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Supply chain management purchasing practices
• Inventory management information systems
• Fiscal management
• Bookkeeping and record keeping practices
• Medical product terminology
• Uniform Commercial Code
• Leadership and management principles and practices
• Human resource management techniques
• Regulatory requirements and standards (JCAHO, OSHA, etc.)
•Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Operation of personal computers and Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Utilizing sound judgment
• Time management, organization and prioritization
• Application of leadership and management principles and practices
• Identification and resolution of problems
• Developing and maintaining materials management information system
• Data gathering and analysis
• Conflict resolution
• Logistics related to mathematics
•Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Lead, motivate and discipline employees effectively
• Work independently and also effectively in a team environment
• Respond calmly and effectively in difficult or emergent situations
• Concentrate and pay close attention to details
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of work load assignments
• Interpret policies and procedures; identify non-compliance and take appropriate action
• Decisions regarding human resource management may have legal implications
• This position supervises the product-related activities essential to Billings Clinic operations. Financially, this accounts for approximately 55% of the annual expenses, but more importantly, results in the provision of supplies and equipment needed in direct patient care as well as all other support functions.
• Duties include contact and handling medical supplies and equipment including, but not limited to non- narcotic medications, needles, sharps, blades, solutions, etc.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Bachelors degree preferred with an emphasis in business administration or related field
Years Of Experience
Minimum Years of Experience
Two years supervisory or progressively responsible work experience
Required To Have By
Required To Have By
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Health care experience, preferred
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Minimum Qualifications Disclaimer
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Working Conditions 2
Normal office and storeroom environment
May work varying shifts, weekends, and/or holidays to meet business needs
Working Conditions List
Blood Borne Pathogen Category
Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Use of appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.
Airborne Contaminant Category
Category I: Tasks that routinely require activities that may involve exposure to airborne contaminants.
Sitting: 0-4 hrs
Sitting: 4-8 hrs
Sitting: 8+ hrs
Standing: 0-4 hrs
Standing: 4-8 hrs
Standing: 8+ hrs
Walking: 0-4 hrs
Walking: 4-8 hrs
Walking: 8+ hrs
Reaching - L, R, B
Pushing/Pulling - L, R, B
Grasping - L, R, B
Fine Manipulation - L, R, B
Lifting: 0-10 lbs
Lifting: 11-20 lbs
Lifting: 21-25 lbs
Lifting: 26-50 lbs
Lifting: 50+ lbs
Job Description Disclaimer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job.It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.