MDU Resources Group Survey Crew Laborer (2 positions) in Billings, Montana
Survey Crew Laborer (2 positions)
Company:WBI Energy Corrosion Services
Hiring Manager:Eric J Jore
Closing Date:08/15/2022at 11:59pm CDT
Do you enjoy walking, hiking, and traveling? Why not get paid to do it? No experience necessary, we provide on the job training!
WBI Energy Corrosion Services has openings for Survey Crew Laborers based out of Billings, MT. This position will require travel 100% of the time. Company vehicles are utilized for all travel to and from projects. Travel time and lodging are also paid, including a daily per diem and safety clothing allowance.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Assist in the performance of “Over-the-Line” pipeline surveys and locating pipeline.
This position regularly offers more than 40 hours a week. Any hours above 40 each week are considered OT and will paid at time and a half. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid vacation and sick time.
Starting wage is $22.00/hr.
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Requires extensive travel (100%). Travel for up to 21 days at a time
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be physically capable of walking all day in any terrain or weather conditions. Walk up to ten miles a day, each day.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old in order to operate power driven equipment.
• Work out of state
• Willing to work long hours
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Good oral communication skills.
• Ability to read and understand maps and mapping programs.
• Proficient in operation and use of personal computers and commercially available software.
• Must have the ability to effectively interact with others and work in a team environment.
Sets up pipeline locator transmitters and operating pipeline locator receivers, retrieves survey wire, helps to set rectifier current interrupters, navigates between test stations, and drives a 4x4 truck or UTV.
Comply with all customer and land owner stipulations and requirements.
Work safely and contribute to a safe and positive work environment.
Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/WBI-69.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.