Billings Clinic Technical Assistant (0.5FTE) in Billings, Montana
Job Description: The Technical Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for the Director, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and staff of one or more departments. including record and manual maintenance, establishing essential presentations and databases, extensive travel arrangements and first line interactions regarding internal/external customer concerns.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains department(s) databases, primary records, manuals, and reference materials. Duties include system maintenance and data integrity for multiple system applications which may reside on more than one information system. Designs and produces correspondence, memorandums, documents, forms, newsletters, reports, metrics, and data graphs for projects and programs based on needs identified by the staff and leadership for the department(s) and/or organization.
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to Directors, Managers, Cli nical Coordinators and their staff for one or more departments including receiving and assisting visitors/callers, file and record management, telephones, meeting preparation and minutes, etc. Coordinates functions for identified department staff including physicians if applicable. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating and maintaining appointment calendars.
• Arranging meetings and preparing agendas, meeting notices and presentation materials.
• Attend and transcribe meeting minutes.
• May monitor allocation of expenses to appropriate cost centers.
• Obtaining special services as needed.
• Appropriate supply maintenance.
• Site, material, and equipment preparation for events, meetings, educational offerings and presentations.
• May assist in collating and scheduling department evaluations for Director and Managers.
• Responsible for arrangement, typing, distribution and maintenance/r evision of Billings Clinic policies and procedures. Coordinates with management staff to revise policies and procedures (department-specific and hospital-wide).
• Coordinate with and assist Directors, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and their staff with travel arrangements including but not limited to:
• Research costs and assist with initial paperwork for request for travel.
• Complete Billings Clinic Business Travel/Education Expense form, including estimated expenses.
• Work with outside vendors to arrange approved travel expenses (i.e. hotel, airline reservations, registration).
• Obtain necessary signatures for approval; submit expense forms to accounting to request pre-payment of approved hotel, airline, and registration expenses.
• Complete "Actual Expenses" portion of the Billings Clinic Business Travel/Education Expense form. Submit airline ticket stubs, detail of hotel charges, and receipts for reimbursable expense s to Accounting and other entities if applicable.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization including but not limited to:
• Communicates appropriately with internal/external customers to identify concerns and issues, identifies routing to appropriate resources, and follows up to ensure all matters requiring attention are addressed promptly and efficiently.
• May assist with work across departmental lines as needed to meet organizational needs.
• Acts as a resource to Billings Clinic Leadership and Supervisory staff.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system/departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency requirements relevant to job performance.
• May represent department in delegated committees and meetings.
• High School or GED
• 1 year of progressive experience in coordinating activities and information/data maintenance preferably in a health care field. Prior experience must also have included interactive responsibilities with staff and public.