Billings Clinic Technical Assistant I - Hospital Operations (28 Hrs/Wk) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Technical Assistant I - Hospital Operations (28 Hrs/Wk)
NURSING QUALITY - 8781 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.70 = 56 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: Starting at $15.00
The Technical Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for the Director, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and staff of one or more departments. including record and manual maintenance, establishing essential presentations and databases, extensive travel arrangements and first line interactions regarding internal/external customer concerns.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains department(s) databases, primary records, manuals, and reference materials. Duties include system maintenance and data integrity for multiple system applications which may reside on more than one information system. Designs and produces correspondence, memorandums, documents, forms, newsletters, reports, metrics, and data graphs for projects and programs based on needs identified by the staff and leadership for the department(s) and/or organization.
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to Directors, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and their staff for one or more departments including receiving and assisting visitors/callers, file and record management, telephones, meeting preparation and minutes, etc. Coordinates functions for identified department staff including physicians if applicable. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating and maintaining appointment calendars.
• Arranging meetings and preparing agendas, meeting notices and presentation materials.
• Attend and transcribe meeting minutes.
• May monitor allocation of expenses to appropriate cost centers.
• Obtaining special services as needed.
• Appropriate supply maintenance.
• Site, material, and equipment preparation for events, meetings, educational offerings and presentations.
• May assist in collating and scheduling department evaluations for Director and Managers.
• Responsible for arrangement, typing, distribution and maintenance/revision of Billings Clinic policies and procedures. Coordinates with management staff to revise policies and procedures (department-specific and hospital-wide).
• Coordinate with and assist Directors, Managers, Clinical Coordinators and their staff with travel arrangements including but not limited to:
• Research costs and assist with initial paperwork for request for travel.
• Complete Billings Clinic Business Travel/Education Expense form, including estimated expenses.
• Work with outside vendors to arrange approved travel expenses (i.e. hotel, airline reservations, registration).
• Obtain necessary signatures for approval; submit expense forms to accounting to request pre-payment of approved hotel, airline, and registration expenses.
• Complete “Actual Expenses” portion of the Billings Clinic Business Travel/Education Expense form. Submit airline ticket stubs, detail of hotel charges, and receipts for reimbursable expenses to Accounting and other entities if applicable.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization including but not limited to:
• Communicates appropriately with internal/external customers to identify concerns and issues, identifies routing to appropriate resources, and follows up to ensure all matters requiring attention are addressed promptly and efficiently.
• May assist with work across departmental lines as needed to meet organizational needs.
• Acts as a resource to Billings Clinic Leadership and Supervisory staff.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system/departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency requirements relevant to job performance.
• May represent department in delegated committees and meetings.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• High School or GED
• 1 year of progressive experience in coordinating activities and information/data maintenance preferably in a health care field. Prior experience
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.