Henningson, Durham & Richardson, PC Traffic Engineer in Billings, Montana
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.Watch Our Story:We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Traffic Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Perform traffic operations and engineering projects of varying complexities, exercise sound engineering judgment, preparation of traffic signal plans, traffic impact analysis reports and PS&E documents
- Make decisions on design and engineering procedures as needed
- Function as technical specialist or project manager on projects, but project management is not sole focus of this position
- Supervise group of professionals and technicians within a growing transportation team
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 years traffic analysis and traffic engineering/design
- Hands-on experience with traffic analysis and operation using a variety of modeling tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- Strong verbal and written skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Computer skills using traffic analysis and design software including Synchro/Sim Traffic, HCS, VISSIM, AutoCAD, and MicroStation
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
HDR provides a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonus and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $65,000-$95,000 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. (Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles are eligible for limited benefits.)
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.