Billings Clinic Transfer and Referral Center RN Navigator in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Transfer and Referral Center RN Navigator
PATIENT FLOW CENTER (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.90 = 72 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 28.50 - 36.34
This position may be eligible for a sign-on incentive
Responsible for the flow process involved in, answer phone calls, facilitating acceptance and triage of phone calls though the transfer center. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Consistently uses protocols to medically triage patients to the appropriate level of care. Consideration is given to the appropriateness of education and patient care recommendations based on the age of the patient.
• Navigates/facilitates external requests for patient transfers, consults and appointments
• Coordinates transmission of appropriate clinical and non-clinical data to facilitate needed services and/or required pre-authorizations
• Schedules appointments in a manner that meets the patient’s needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Documents complete and accurate information in EMR.
• Communicates with multiple departments, regional facilities and agencies in order to ensure quality care to patients, including but not limited to communications related to facility capabilities, bed availability and assignment, urgent patient-care needs, patient transportation, report to receiving unit, insurance pre-authorization for transfer/admission, providing feedback to multiple customers, obtaining clinic appointments for patients, ensuring transfer of documents and medical records between facilities\
• Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Professional nursing theory and practice including community health practice to provide accurate health care information to consumers
• Hospital transfer and admission process
• Billings Clinic and community resources
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Policies and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) minimum specifications
• Patient rights
• Patient safety standards
• Exceptional customer service
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Interpersonal skills necessary to provide professional, courteous service
• Professional and pleasant telephone
• Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the work environment
• Utilization of personal computers use and Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Assessment to identify problems, organize data, provide choices and offer services
• Basic verbal, listening and written communication to interview patients/families and accurately record data and convey information at consumer level of understanding
• Interpersonal skills necessary to instruct and comfort patients and families. Maintain effective contacts with a variety of hospital personnel, physicians and agencies.
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal, non-verbal and written to patients and staff members
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work in a team environment
• Respond calmly and effectively in emergent situations
• Manual dexterity to operate personal computer in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and data entry skills
• Highly compassionate and caring while dealing with extremely sensitive and personal customer situations
• Visual and physical ability to operate word processor and auxiliary devices to compose written information and record data to generate reports
• Operate personal computer to access data base and record information while on the phone with a caller
• Work with multiple requests on various topics throughout the day
• Read, synthesize and reduce to lay terms information from multiple resources
• Respond to a wide variety of health questions and concerns with communicated information that is fully understood by consumer
• Utilize time management concepts or maximize time effectively
• Work effectively with nursing, allied health and medical personnel
• Working in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision
• Make sound clinical judgments in emergency situations
• Inaccurate information or triage may result in harm to consumer and legal liability. Incorrect recording of data will result in inefficiency and waste of supplies and resources. All will diminish perception of Billings Clinic as provider of high quality services.
• Professional conduct necessary when dealing with difficult situations with co-workers, consumers, and visitors.
• Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations.
• Graduate of accredited program of nursing; BSN preferred or specific community health focused nursing education
• Five (5) years general nursing experience
• Recent acute care experience preferred
• Previous Call Center/Transfer Center experience preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Montana
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.