City of Billings TRANSIT PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR in Billings, Montana
September 22, 2022 11:21 AM
Open Until Filled
MET Transit ◄ Back to All Categories (Jobs.aspx) TRANSIT PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Transit Planning and Development Coordinator will perform a variety of professional duties involved in providing planning and development services for the Transit Division; to coordinate assigned activities with other divisions and departments, outside agencies and the general public; to assist with administrative responsibilities including compliance with federal regulations; and to provide responsible staff assistance to the Transit Manager.
Compensation: $32.18 - $37.21/hour, salary at hiring will be dependent upon the applicant’s experience (the salary range shown reflects steps 1 and 4 of a 7-step pay scale). Step increases are awarded annually until the highest step is achieved, additional longevity pay is earned based on years of service and COLA increases are provided as approved by City Council each July. Exceptional benefits are provided including health/life insurance, retirement plan with generous employer contributions, voluntary 457 deferred compensation plan, sick leave, 10 paid holidays per year, 3 personal days per year and 3 weeks’ vacation leave per year. Vacation accruals begin immediately, increase with longevity and are available to use after 180 days of employment.
Schedule:Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. These hours may vary based on operational needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Transit Planning, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Business/Public Administration, Transportation, or a related field
• Three (3) or more years’ experience in Transit Planning, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Business/Public Administration, Transportation, or a related field
• Seven (7) or more years of combined education and experience in Transit Planning, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Business/Public Administration, Transportation, or a related field
• Proficient in the use of personal computers including Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills
• A Montana commercial driver’s license, class B, with airbrake and passenger endorsements or must have the ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of employment
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, and a Federal and State criminal history background check
• Experience with Federal Transit Administration regulations, grants, and compliance
• Experience with specialized planning and mapping tools and software including GIS programs
• Experience with city government and knowledge of department or function operations
• City of Billings job application
• Cover letter
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, and a Federal and State criminal background check.
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online atwww.billingsmt.govor to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Apply on-line for this position.