Knife River Truck Drivers (Seasonal) in Billings, Montana
Truck Drivers (Seasonal)
Company: Knife River - Billings Division Department: Construction Location: Billings, MT Hiring Manager: David H Resch Closing Date: 11/30/2020 at 11:59pm CDT Job Type: Full-Time Job Summary: Responsible to operate Ready Mix, End Dump and or Belly Dump with Trailer, Side Dump and maintain properly to transport
material to designated location in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: 1. General education, grammar and arithmetic.
2. A CDL Class A (tractor-trailer). Preference given for experience driving End Dump with Pup or Belly Dump with Pup, Side Dump.
3. Must have and maintain medical card and acceptable driving record and required endorsements. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Safely operate Class A truck to transport asphalt or aggregate to job site often times driving on uneven or unfinished surface .
2. Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Maintains driver log according to ICC
regulations as required.
3. May operate loader to load aggregate into truck box.
4. Daily maintenance of equipment such as cleaning truck inside and out, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance
instructed to perform.
5. Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment .
6. Hook and unhook trailer, occasionally multiple times per shift.
7. Tarp load when needed.
8. Clean spilled material/buildup off box (spill chutes, belts, side boards, etc.)
9. Verify that gates are closed.
10. Assist construction crews while waiting to unload.
11. Spread product.
12. Maintain proper information in truck cab pouch.
13. Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards, truck cab information and other needed paperwork.
14. Maintain and support a safe and harassment free work environment.
15. Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance and attend
16. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written).
17 Ability to read maps and navigate to new locations.
18. Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act
courteous and respectful toward others.
19. Ability to work with minimum supervision and recognize matters needing attention and initiate action on that recognition.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
21. Perform possible night work when assigned. How To Apply
We offer a full benefit package which includes 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision. We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to background check.
Although we may not currently be hiring for this position we are always accepting applications.
You may apply online at jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 80066
Billings, MT 59108-0066
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.