Universal Forest Products Plant Manager - NEW Bonner Plant - UFP Edge in Bonner, Montana
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management and coordination of plant operations consistent with cost, profit, quality and productivity objectives.
Works under general direction of the GMO; exercises discretion and judgment on work priority on a regular basis; and high degree of creativity is expected.
- Ensures that all plant assets are properly managed and safeguarded.
- Staffs, develops and coaches the production management team, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
- Oversees the quality control and production for the priming process of siding and fascia and trim.
- Develops and/or approves the master production schedule, shipping schedule and coordinates production activities between shifts and other functions.
- Assists in developing capital expenditure recommendations.
- Establishes quality standards for operations and initiates and manages quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensures the plant is properly staffed to meet production levels and goals.
- Monitors plant output, cuts/yields and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required.
- Responsible for executing an optimal purchasing strategy to maximize margins on the buy side. You will be responsible for ordering or making the final decision on all inventory purchases and how much to pay. These responsibilities should not be delegated due to their very significant impact on the profitability of the plant.
- Establishes work center/operation efficiency standards.
- Monitors performance to established efficiency and quality standards and initiates corrective action as required.
- Ensures appropriate production data is entered into the system.
- Manages raw material, in-process and finished goods inventories and coordinates inventory requirements with management consistent with inventory levels/turnover goals and coordinates month-end inventories.
- Responsible for ensuring the yard meets Company conditions and is laid out for efficient operations.
- Analyzes production operations and initiates corrective actions to ensure efficient product flow.
- Monitors expenses, reviews P&L and other financial and business documents to compare to Budget and initiates corrective action as required.
- Manages activities of Maintenance Department.
- Assists in new product development process.
- Develops and implements specific plant policies and procedures as required.
- Ensures the plant complies with HR Company policies and procedures and Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Participates as an active member of the plant Safety Committee and ensures that plant operations are consistent with Company and OSHA policies, practices and procedures.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled