State of Montana Registered Nurse in Boulder, Montana
This position performs nursing assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation for adult clients in the Intensive Behavior Center at the Boulder facility.
• Admits clients to the Intensive Behavior Center in accordance with state statutes and facility policies.
• Completes and records initial and subsequent nursing assessment of each client’s physical and mental status according to facility format and policy using interview, observation skills, and physical assessment techniques and communicates findings verbally and/or via written documentation.
• Provides, structures, and maintains a therapeutic environment in collaboration with the client and other members of the healthcare team.
• Intervenes during psychiatric emergencies/patient crisis using nonverbal, verbal, physical, and mechanical techniques in accordance with facility policy.
• Assists physician with diagnostic procedures, treatment regimes, and client examinations according to standards of practice.
• Responds to medical emergencies using skills of rapid assessment; directs and provides emergency interventions to stabilize client’s condition.
• Participates with providers in developing a client plan of care and acts to implement as directed.
• Receives and transcribes verbal and written provider’s orders according to established policy standards to ensure accurate treatment of clients.
• Administers medications and medical treatments as prescribed.
• Updates plan of care based on nursing assessment which identifies specific measurable goals, objectives and interventions in accordance with facility policies and state law to ensure individualized treatment.
• Coordinates and provides individual health related counseling based on standards of nursing practice.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited college or university degree in nursing.
• Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Montana or eligible to obtain Montana licensure.
• Three years of job related work experience.
• Other combinations of directly related education and experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
Title: Registered Nurse
Requisition ID: 19140094