Morton Buildings Inc. Construction Crew Lead in Bozeman, Montana
CONSTRUCTION CREW LEAD
* Bozeman, MT, United States
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the Industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers Nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Construction Crew Lead assists the Crew Foreman in constructing quality building projects that are profitable and provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position helps create a construction team that promotes a positive attitude, develops an atmosphere for setting and meeting goals and strives to achieve company objectives. This position offers the potential for career advancement.
* Keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings' safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building
* Read, understand and build according to construction plans
* The Lead efficiently executes tasks needed to complete a quality building including but not limited to: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
* Provide the construction expertise, organizational and communication skills necessary to complete quality building projects profitably
* The Lead, in addition to the Crew Foreman, provides leadership for the crew in all aspects of the building construction process
* Assist in the technical training and re-training of crew members, including new hires, to ensure they are fully trained and follow all safety and construction procedures
* Assist in establishing healthy workplace environments that are safe, organized, productive and enjoyable
* Help promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect among fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors
* Help create a positive team that enthusiastically works to achieve the objectives of the crew, the local construction center and the entire company.
* The Lead assists in ensuring a positive construction experience for the customer
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in building construction is required
* Carpentry, framing, post-frame construction, or equivalent experience is preferred
* Applicant must hold a Class A CDL license or be able to obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
* Valid drivers license is required.
* Desire to obtain OSHA 10-hour, Equipment Operation and Competent Person Certifications once hired
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide leadership
* Participate in and lead our formal training programs
* Ability to measure human productivity and improve effectiveness
* Embrace accountability and ownership
* Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
* Available to work a flexible schedule (6am to 6pm) that will include Saturdays during peak construction periods
* Ability to take direction
* 401K Opportunity
* ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Salary is $23.00 to $25.50 per hour based on experience plus bonus potential.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.
Employer's Job# 743999718651511
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.