Bozeman Health PHARMACY TECH CERTIFIED in Bozeman, Montana
This position exists to support the pharmacy department and hospital to provide safe and prompt pharmaceutical care to our patients. Bozeman Health pharmacy technicians are entrusted to prepare intravenous compounds, chemotherapy, prepare pharmacy restocks for automated dispensing cabinets including controlled substances. Also responsible for project work as assigned, including audit and quality improvement tasks as assigned by System Pharmacy Manager and/or Clinical Pharmacy Supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent and be at least 18 years of age.
National Certification as pharmacy technician.
Registration with Montana State Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Technician.
- Experience as a pharmacy technician preferred but not required.
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- National certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician and registration with Montana Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- Competent in all core areas of in-patient pharmacy services, including IV compounding, Epic, Omnicell, Securevault
KNOWLEDGE OF, SKILLS IN, ABILITY TO, COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULY:
- Knowledge of personal computers, hardware, basic software programs including Microsoft Outlook, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to refer to policy manual for specific instructions/guidelines.
Ability to adhere to the standards of the job description and overall philosophy of Bozeman Health.
Ability to maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments and ability to work independently.
COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY:
- Follow established policies and procedures.
60% Time Spent -
Responsible for patient/floor charging, Automated Dispensing Cabinet cart fill and restocking as required, and various stocking functions as assigned. Responsible for narcotic ordering, inventory control and distribution as assigned. Responsible for printing prescription labels and MAR labels as assigned. Verifies labels with a pharmacist. Places appropriate patient-specific medications in Automated dispensing cabinets. Verifies medication with pharmacist. Corrects errors found in verification process.
15% Time Spent -
Responsible for periodic verification of narcotic vault inventory and daily when processing orders as necessary.
15% Time Spent -
Responsible for preparing IV solutions under the direction of a pharmacist. Distributes IV solutions to pods daily. Prepares IV admixtures under supervision of a pharmacist.
10% Time Spent -
Complies with policies and procedures of Bozeman Deaconess Health Services. Follows established policies and procedures. Adheres to the standards of the job description and overall philosophy of Bozeman Deaconess Health Services. Attends staff meetings and In-services. Maintains a responsible attitude, courteous and helpful to patients, residents, co-workers, visitors, and physicians.