Barnard Construction Company Inc. Project Engineer Intern (Winter/Spring 2019) in Bozeman, Montana
Barnard Construction Company, Inc., based in Bozeman, Montana, is a heavy-civil construction company with projects underway across North America. Barnard is ranked by Engineering News-Record, a leading construction industry periodical, as one of the nation s Top 400 civil contractors. We specialize in dam construction and rehabilitation, power transmission and distribution, tunneling, inland marine, oil, gas, utility, and sewer and water pipeline projects. We offer competitive salaries, profit sharing, 401(k)s, a generous health plan, annual bonuses, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. Barnard s people are the reason for the success of the company. Our reputation attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At Barnard, we build the riskiest, most difficult, complex jobs we can find and we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding opportunities.
* High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
Participate in monthly forecasting revenue and costs accruals.
Accumulate all necessary data and prepare monthly pay estimates.
Process and estimate change orders and Requests for Information as directed by Project Manager.
Coordinate and schedule shop drawings and submittals.
Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals, and resubmittals, including a file of letters of transmittal and dates of each transaction.
Process/manage material deliveries ensure that materials received are properly inspected for quantity and quality and in compliance with Contract documents.
Manage and negotiate subcontractor and material contracts.
Assist in developing and updating project schedule. * Work closely with field construction personnel (Superintendents, Foremen and Crews).
* Currently enrolled as a full time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, Management or Finance), Construction Management or related field.
* Must be willing to travel and relocate. Project sites are located throughout the country, so relocation and/or travel are required.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
* Strong work ethic willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
EOE and E-verify Employer
Employer's Job# 2018-1093
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.