Bozeman Health RN - Float Pool (Full-Time) in Bozeman, Montana
This unique department is comprised of small specialty groups of highly skilled experts that support patient care throughout the hospital. Bozeman Health nursing pool is where nurses are scheduled and work in a variety of departments as well as have the opportunity to cross train and support specialty departments. This nursing pool values professionalism teamwork and accountability.
The registered nurse is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care patient/family education and transition of care. The RN will function within the Bozeman Health standards of care which include accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communication all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The RN possesses excellent communication skills.
Montana Licensure (Registered Nurse)
American Heart Association BLS
Knowledge of electronic health record operating systems
Minimal 2 year experience with inpatient nursing.
Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area. (May include for example TNCC, PALS, ENPC)
Essential Job Functions:
• Collects Comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation (Assessment)
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues (Diagnosis)
• Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation
• Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes (Plan of Care)
• Implements the identified plan of care
• Employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment
• Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
• Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
• Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
• Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
• Collaborates with patient, family and others in the conduct of nursing practice
• Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice
• Integrates research findings into practice
• Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates sound judgement, patience, and maintains a professional demeanor at all times
Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
Ability to work varied shifts
Exercises tact, discretion, sensitivity and maintains confidentiality
Self-directed, completes assignments accurately, thoroughly and with minimal oversight
Strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Complies with hospital policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines related to care for patients with hyperacute and acute stroke
Participates in two hours of initial cerebrovascular disease (stoke) education within one year of hire
Participates in one hour annually of cerebrovascular disease (stroke) education
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job classification. They are not to be construed as a contract of any type nor an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by individuals so classified.
77346720 Hospital Nursing Float Pool
Working at Bozeman Health is more than just a job--it's a commitment to caring for the communities of Southwest Montana by being their partner in health and wellness, compassionately delivering the best care for each person, every time. In every role, our employees are inspired by their ability to care for our community and our Culture of Excellence guides each employee to be a high performer, engage in transparent and timely communication, demonstrate dynamic learning and teaching, excel through change, express gratitude and experience joy.