Builders FirstSource Distribution Manager in Butte, Montana
Butte MT DC - 113 North Parkmont St Suite A (59701), 113 North Parkmont St Suite A, Butte, Montana, United States of AmericaReq #18706
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Manages a stand-alone distribution center; providing excellent customer service support using supply chain fundamentals. Responsible for safety and acceptable return on capital employed. Has direct management responsibility for all operations of the physical facilities, equipment, inventory, A/R, railroad and/or truck inbound delivery, piece pick, loading and out bound delivery. Actively promotes and collaborates with the sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
• Manages a distribution center by providing excellent customer service support using supply chain fundamentals (right product, right place, right time, every time).
• Oversees workforce management, indirect and direct operating costs of the logistics activities to include receiving, storage and shipping, error free order fulfillment, optimized fleet/network management, aggressive inventory control, superior customer service and efficient facility utilization.
• Manages material handling and delivery operations, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing. Resolves quality, service and cost issues.
• Ensures safety training compliance and oversees safety requirements for personnel. Leads in driving the safety program. Drives the Behavioral Based Safety program down to all of the associates.
• Manages all relevant OSHA, federal, state, local and facility safety requirements.
• Ensures compliance in all federal, state, and locals laws pertaining to employment, safety, and DOT regulations.
• Partners with the Pro Build retail locations to increase market penetration and productivity.
• Partners with procurement to manage inventory levels; provide appropriate intelligence on obsolete inventory and guidance on all aspects of inventory management.
• Drives and leads continuous improvement of the delivery and material handling processes.
• Drives process improvement using data analysis and root cause methodology. Assists team in improving inventory accuracy through tight process control and cycle counting. Provides oversight of on-hand inventory levels along with damage and claims.
• Trains branch associates on standard logistics processes and reviews performance metrics with direct reports.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field;
• Seven (7) years distribution and logistics experience;
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience in product management, replenishment, inventory control, material handling, shipping and receiving, safety regulations.
• Advanced knowledge building materials products
• Knowledgeable of financial or cost analysis measurements and logistics performance benchmarks
• Knowledgeable in safety practices and procedures
• Experience in Project Management
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an relevant tools/technology to improve logistics performance
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Regularly stands and walks to other departments.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to focus.
• Some very limited driving is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• There is some occasional exposure to outside weather conditions during visits to the yard.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Butte MT DC - 113 North Parkmont St Suite A (59701), 113 North Parkmont St Suite A, Butte, Montana, United States of America