Albertsons Transportation Supervisor - Butte, MT in BUTTE, Montana
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with both a strong local presence and national scale. We strive to make every day a better day for our customers, employees and vendor partners. The organization includes 2,300+ stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 275,000 employees across 35 states and the District of Columbia. We operate under 20 well-known banners including Albertsons, Lucky, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs, as well as meal kit company Plated based in New York City.
The Salt Lake City DC has an opening for a Transportation Supervisor located at the Butte MT satellite yard.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to providing a safe work environment.
- Keep abreast of Federal, State, and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements and Company work rules, regarding operations of trucking equipment.
- Ensure DOT compliance.
- Implement cost-saving measures through working closely with drivers, dispatchers and software.
- Teach and train drivers new systems as necessary.
- Determine equipment and manpower requirements for daily operational needs.
- Supervise and dispatch drivers.
- Manage and control daily workload through good dispatching procedures.
- Monitor employees daily work assignments.
- Maintain employees daily work assignments.
- Work with drivers to improve driving skills.
- Dispatch and road supervision.
- 2-year college degree or 5 years progressive trucking experience.
- Commercial driver's license, Class A preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of safely operating a class 8 tractor and trailer a plus.
- Knowledge of XATA driver management and Manugistics Trucks routing systems a plus.
- Knowledge of inhaul/backhaul procedures.
- Familiar with a union work environment and time and attendance procedures and requirements.
- High degree of initiative and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by visiting www.AlbertsonsCompanies.com/Careers.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled