MCCONE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE 911 Dispatcher in CIRCLE, Montana
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to type a minimum of 34 words per minute (typing test is required)
- Ability to pass Criminal Justice Information Network Certification within 6 months of hire
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including fingerprints
- Ability to respect confidentiality of all clients
- Self-motivated and efficient at time management
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Receive and dispatch requests for service from the public and emergency services personnel via telephones, personal visits and radio communication
- Transmit such requests to law enforcement, emergency medical, fire, and other public safety personnel
- Maintain communications with emergency services personnel during incidents
- Exercise individual judgment within prescribed procedures and policies
- Perform officer support assignments
- Other related work
Will work 20+ hours per week, varied days, mostly evening shift. (Shifts are 8 or 12 hours in length.) Will work every third weekend.
Pay is $14.63 per hour and up depending on experience, with increases after six months, 9 months and one year. Pay after one year will be $17.07 per hour. Benefits include: health insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave.
TO APPLY: Submit a completed McCone County Dispatch employment application to Job Service. The application packet is available in Tray 15 at Job Service Glendive, or, contact Job Service Glendive at 406-377-3314 x0 or GlendiveJSC@mt.gov to have the required application packet mailed, emailed or faxed to you.
The required typing test will be completed during the interview process