North Valley Hospital Certified Pharmacy Tech, Good Medicine Pharmacy, Columbia Falls - Temp FT to PRN in Columbia Falls, Montana
This position will start training around the end of February/beginning of March and will then work for approximately 12 weeks in a temporary, full-time status. In the full-time status, the position will typically work on variable weekdays and on Saturdays, as scheduled. After the temporary, full-time period, the position will transition to per diem status and may be scheduled as needed for variable shifts on variable days, including Saturdays. Please know that schedules and shifts are subject to change based on pharmacy and organizational needs.
Position Summary: To provide the professional knowledge and skills related to the Pharmacy Department to assure that the patients of the pharmacy receive ultimate quality and safety in drug therapy. Provide prescribed medications, drug and other pharmaceuticals. Advises and consults with patients, families, physicians, and nursing staff.
North Valley Hospital’s (NVH) goal is to provide a safe and healing environment for its patients, visitors, volunteers and employees. NVH follows a safe hiring program that includes conducting thorough employment verifications and criminal background checks. EOE
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Training program is preferred.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations preferred.
- Fluent knowledge of medication brand and generic names preferred.
- HS AED CPR training preferred.
- Prior experience in Meditech, Pyxis, Acudose, Paragon, QS/1, PDX, Pioneer, or similar programs preferred.
- Prior health care experience preferred.
- Previous cash register experience preferred.
- Active licensure with the Montana Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) in good standing, or currently enrolled as a Pharmacy Student in an accredited University Program (second year or higher).
Retail Pharmacy dispensing skills with strong customer service skills. Prior experience with PDX, QS/1, or Pioneer operating systems.
Tracking Code: 623-131
Job Location: Columbia Falls, Montana, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular