Weyerhaeuser Industrial Electrician - Journeyman in Columbia Falls, Montana
Weyerhaeuser is currently offering a $3,000 hiring bonus (additional details provided at time of interview/offer)!
Weyerhaeuser is seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility. Weyerhaeuser’s Montana Wood Products is currently looking to fil a Journeyman Level Industrial Electrician position at our Columbia Falls MDF facility. This is your opportunity for a career in the skilled trades. A successful candidate is highly motivated, has the desire to learn and determined to succeed.
At Weyerhaeuser, we offer positions with on-the-job training, continued growth potential and a career limited only by you. We continually strive to develop and promote talent from within while offering stable employment with excellent pay and benefits. Our manufacturing facilities are highly automated and utilize many leading-edge technologies in the wood products industry.
/Hourly pay rate is $34.48 - $39.48/
You will have the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the general plant reliability and maintenance plan and responsibilities
- Become accustomed with the electrical systems
- Work with a team of electricians and millwrights to deliver preventative and routine maintenance
- Assist other skilled workers in repairs and projects which may include bringing necessary tools and parts to the area they are needed
- Design layout and installation of basic electrical controls.
- Basic Industrial Electrical Construction based on NFPA 70 National Electric Code. This includes ability to layout, cut, bend and thread conduit and ability to size conductors and over current devices
- Demonstrate ability to apply new craft knowledge in daily work as it is learned from training assignments
- Complete designated TPC courses for the required advancement in the Electrical Progression program
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints; electrical schematics and ladder logic
- Ability to work closely with supervisors, electricians, millwrights and others; be a team player/leader; good verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate positive attitude.
- Demonstrate ability to work safely and care for tools and equipment
- Self-starter with the ability to work with and without direct supervision.
- Knowledge and ability to use Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Show proficiency in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) standards.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills including Maintenance Management Software, MS Office, Email and Web based programs. Must be able to manage program files as documented in file management SOPs. Must be able to search Knowledgebase and follow written procedures
- Must be comfortable working above the ground at times, and outside as necessary working in all-weather environments
- Candidates must have the ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions.
- A sense of urgency in terms of maximizing production and minimizing down time is necessary in this type of manufacturing environment.
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and materials that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and the following of these procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Must have good performance, safety and attendance records
- Willingness to work overtime, odd hours, weekends, holidays and other shifts as required
- The job of Electrician is a Very Heavy-Duty job. Very Heavy Duty involves exertion of more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or more than 50 pounds frequently, and/or more than 20 pounds continuously to move objects. Essential duties include but are not limited to stooping, climbing and crawling in and over machines for repair purposes and the ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Two weeks vacation per year
- Low-cost health and dental insurance, effective within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability at no cost to full-time employees
- Supplemental life insurance, long term disability and long-term care insurance offered at affordable rates
- 401k eligibility after 60 days, with generous company-matching options
- Gainsharing potential
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave
About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Industrial Electrician - Journeyman
Location: MT-Columbia Falls
Requisition ID: 01020255