Weyerhaeuser Leadership Development Professional - Columbia Falls, MT in Columbia Falls, Montana
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
The Professional Development Role is an Entry-level leadership developmental position. Working under close guidance with assigned mentors, this individual will be accountable for growing and strengthening their leadership skills and general business understanding of the manufacturing processes and operations of a Wood Products mill, and other major function areas, through a detailed 12-month development plan including hands-on learning, operational rotations, and successful completion of process improvement projects.
This position is a part of the Wood Products business working in Panels at the mill located in Columbia Falls, MT. This is a Full-Time position. Relocation benefits are available for this and subsequent positions. This role will report to the Mill Manager.
The successful individual will be assigned to the next role once development is successfully completed and a suitable assignment is identified that meets business needs. Must be willing to relocate.
- Develop safety leadership skills
- Grow Front Line Leader skills through a structured 12-month rotation through all operational areas of the mill
- Gain exposure to metrics, reliability and process improvement projects
- Engage in projects and assignments to promote active learning and contribute to mill’s successful performance
Gain broad exposure to Timberlands, Raw Materials, Sales and Finance
Bachelor's degree (or higher) in business, engineering, forestry or related discipline, OR on track to receive Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, forestry or related discipline by June 2022
- Willingness to adapt to strong safety culture and ensure safe and efficient execution of work
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and follow-through in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strong desire to learn manufacturing processes, develop leadership capabilities and possess desire to progress in organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other Windows-based programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience/knowledge project management
- Capability to prioritize work activities, assignments, demands and flexibility to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborative teaming
- Courage to challenge status quo and deliver results
- Excellent work ethic, strong time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to relocate for position opportunities and/or cross-business development
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Leadership Development Professional - Columbia Falls, MT
Location: MT-Columbia Falls
Requisition ID: 01016851