Weyerhaeuser Maintenance Technician in Columbia Falls, Montana
Weyerhaeuser is currently offering a $3,000 hiring bonus (additional details provided at time of interview/offer)!
Weyerhaeuser's MDF (medium density fiberboard) facility in Columbia Falls, MT has the opportunity for a Maintenance Technician with a knowledge of mechanical equipment, processes, and techniques to safely repair, modify, install, and maintain the facility and high-tech manufacturing equipment to join our team.
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest products organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
At Weyerhaeuser, we are always looking for people who can innovate, contribute, grow, and create! Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest and premium timber, land, and forest products company in the world.
/Hourly pay rate is $31.73 - $34.73/
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and provide support for facility systems in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals.
- Work with a team of millwrights and electricians to deliver preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical problems, and work on capital projects including upgrading and installation of equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints; construct and fabricate mill equipment including but not limited to welding and burning.
- Deliver preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
- Assist with or perform complex repairs.
- Gain working knowledge of Weyerhaeuser's fire protection system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Formalized/technical training is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Millwright required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in the Wood Products industry preferred
- Qualified and proficient in cutting and welding. Certified welder preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge/proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics and equipment manuals.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, and material transfer systems.
- Experience working with equipment such as: chains, belts, sprockets, and hand tools. Must own complete set of hand tools up to an inch and a quarter.
- Knowledge and experience in basic computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, web-based applications including the internet, and preventative maintenance application.
- Knowledge and ability to use Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Show proficiency in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) standards.
- Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; be a team player/leader; good communication skills and demonstrate positive attitude.
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to complete programs, such as TPC classes.
- Willingness to work any shift, work overtime and weekends.
- Maintain a clean workstation, and exhibit good performance, safety and attendance records.
- The job of Maintenance Technician is a Very Heavy-Duty job. Very Heavy Duty involves exertion of more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or more than 50 pounds frequently, and/or more than 20 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Essential duties include but are not limited to stooping, climbing and crawling in and over machines for repair purposes and the ability to lift 50 to 100 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working above the ground at times, and outside as necessary.
- Candidates must have the ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions.
- A sense of urgency in terms of maximizing production and minimizing down time is necessary in this type of manufacturing environment.
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and materials that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and the following of these procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: MT-Columbia Falls
Requisition ID: 01019098