Weyerhaeuser Process Control Technician in Columbia Falls, Montana
Weyerhaeuser is currently offering a $3,000 hiring bonus (additional details provided at time of interview/offer)!
Weyerhaeuser is searching for a Process Control Technicians to support our state-of-the-art Medium Density Fiberboard facility in Columbia Falls, MT.
Weyerhaeuser is seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility. Weyerhaeuser’s Montana Wood Products is currently looking to fill Process Control Technician positions in our Columbia Falls MDF facility.
At Weyerhaeuser, we offer positions with on-the-job training, continued growth potential and a career limited only by you. We continually strive to develop and promote talent from within while offering stable employment with excellent pay and benefits. Our manufacturing facilities are highly automated and utilize many leading-edge technologies in the wood products industry.
/*Relocation assistance is available for this role./
/Hourly pay rate is $41.48/
As a Process Control Technician, you will:
- Perform instrumentation installation & calibration, process control troubleshooting & programming, drive installation & programming for all plant areas
- Provide technical assistance to specify and develop improvements in complex instrumentation, automation, and process control & motion control systems
- Deliver troubleshooting support plant-wide, while maintaining and enhancing the engineering process control philosophy, strategy, and controls standard operating procedures
- Assist electrical technicians with troubleshooting during downtime events
- Use hand tools to complete jobs, verify voltage, and train/mentor others on electrical knowledge
- Lend expertise to departments to ensure understanding of process control characteristics and PID loop tuning
- Assist in mentoring and training of maintenance associates in electrical systems, PLC & motion control systems
- Develop/maintain plant standards for instrumentation
- Work with power distribution systems including switchgear, transformers and MCC maintenance
- Maintain broad-based product knowledge including Variable Frequency Drives (Allen Bradley), PLC’s (Allen Bradley), Motion Control, Coordinated Drive Systems, Instrumentation, Process Control, HMI Software, and Network design experience with Ethernet
- Develop an understanding of the MDF manufacturing process and opportunities for continuous improvement
Troubleshoot basic LAN connections
Commitment to safety – demonstrated record of understanding and following safety practices and procedures.
- Proficient in ControlLogix programming and troubleshooting (RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 software)
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- Experience in Electrical and Process Controls Systems in an industrial environment
- Strong electrical and PLC troubleshooting skills
- Electrical experience and build capabilities including process control panels, safety circuit, wiring diagrams, I/O, MCC, VFD's, Drives, Tuning, Servers, pneumatics, valves, hydraulics, P & ID diagrams
- Computer skills in LAN, PC, Windows, and Ethernet LAN with advanced MS Office skills
- Proficient in use of electrical test equipment
- Innovative, willing to learn and open to new ideas
- Able to read, understand and interpret prints/drawings/manuals to troubleshoot power and control electrical systems
- Solid organization and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills, with team focus
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Process Control Technician
Location: MT-Columbia Falls
Requisition ID: 01019093