Weyerhaeuser Regional Process Control Manager in Columbia Falls, Montana
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't only the trees and manufacturing sites we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in manufacturing and distribution of wood products, and in timberlands management in the world.
This position is a part of the Montana Leadership Team. The Regional Process Control Manager performs work across a region or at the business level, and is considered a resource and expert to all sites in the region and business. Additionally, it provides leadership and technical support to our production teams, solving operating problems, as well as developing and recommending new process control designs to ensure maximum operating efficiency and return on investment.
Management and Leadership - Manage Process Control Engineers and Technicians by integrating both technical knowledge and managerial skills to provide strategic direction. Integrate leadership skills with expert technical knowledge and understanding of the business. Develop and execute strategic plans to eliminate or manage process and equipment risk through design and technology. Provide updates to leadership on the overall development of the department and employees.
*Development and Design *- Anticipate complex technical issues and identify resources internal and external to the team who can resolve issues. Design the most economical and technically sound solution to improve operating efficiency and minimize cost. Maintain current Control Systems and Process Control Network, while identifying capital improvements that will reduce costs, increase productivity, and sustain operations. Use high level of technical knowledge to anticipate and address complex issues and show data to support findings. Complete design reviews for new and updated equipment and processes. Direct the design and redesign of machine control systems, including PLCs, operator interfaces, motor controls and drives, power distribution and servo systems.
Support and Collaboration - Collaborate with facilities leadership, mill maintenance and operating personnel, external equipment designers and contractors on various technical, automation and control problems. Identify areas where additional training could be utilized.
*Capital Projects *- Identify projects and estimate project costs for preparation of Capital Budgets. Serve primarily as the technical supervisor and staff manager for capital projects.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, computer engineering or closely-related field required; Master's degree in any of the above preferred
- Professional Engineer License (PE) preferred
- 10 or more years of process control engineering experience required
- 10 or more years of PLC and HMI experience required
- Manufacturing experience required; experience in wood products, fiberboard, paper, composite panels or related products preferred
- Supervisory/project leadership experience managing groups of Process Control Engineers and/or Technicians required
- Experience with Motion Control utilizing Linear Positioners and CIP Motion
- Experience with medium voltage power distribution, switch gear, and protective relays
- Robotics experience a plus
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, when necessary
- Serve as a resource to help elevate electrical group in troubleshooting PLCs and all electrical devices, with a focus on training and mentoring in safety and reliability
- Experience with VMware or hypervisor virtualization software
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance systems/techniques
- Experience in root cause identification and the initiation of corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Commitment to detail and accuracy with strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the willingness and ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization with diverse groups of people
Additional Positional Requirements
- Role model safety values and train others in electrical safety including NFPA70E
- Experience with defining capital budgets, plans, and oversee their execution
- Support three manufacturing facilities during significant outages
- Knowledgeable in cyber security standards and managed industrial controls networks
- Strong technical knowledge of Allen-Bradley/Rockwell controls and machine control systems
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Engineering, Science, & Architecture
Title: Regional Process Control Manager
Location: MT-Columbia Falls
Requisition ID: 01015673