Montana Veteran Jobs

facebook youtube linkedin
Mobile Montana Labor & Industry Mobile Logo

Job Information


Local County Weed Dept has 3 openings for summer help with their weed spraying. Must have a valid Montana driver's license and a good driving record. The Weed District in the County implements an effective noxious weed management program for the protection of open space, natural and agricultural resources of the County. The Weed Sprayer is responsible for weed control through the proper application of pesticides in accordance with Federal, state, and county laws. Duties include noxious weed identification, safely handling and properly mixing chemicals, driving while spraying, and performing light maintenance and calibration of weed spraying equipment and completion of daily pesticide application records. The weed sprayers will receive and review work assignments and coordinate with other weed sprayers and the supervisor to determine the time, equipment, and personnel necessary to complete weed spraying and weed control projects; identifying noxious and undesirable vegetation in assigned areas to determine what type of chemicals or equipment is necessary to remove or control them. This may also include assisting the public an other agencies with weed identification. Mix and apply pesticides and herbicides in accordance with work orders and record or log all sprayed areas in accordance with department policies. Review chemical labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for each product before applications. Calculate mix ratios and compute how much spray is necessary for a given area. Perform spraying operations using broad jet and hand-line systems according to department policies and procedures and applicable laws. Complete daily pesticide application records, pursuant to all applicable and governing laws. These are full-time, seasonal positions with variable hours. These positions are opened until filled. Job description & applications available at or Pondera County Clerk & Recorder's office .. Completed applications can be dropped off at the Clerk & Recorder's office or mailed in