Kiewit Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - BRME - Dillon, Mt in Dillon, Montana
Requisition ID: 98723
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Work independently or with industry specialists to trouble shoot/diagnose problems with production machinery.
• Set-up, run, troubleshoot, and tear down mining machinery.
• Experience with diesel engines, hydraulic, pneumatic and 24V electrical systems.
• Minimize down time through effective PM procedures and management.
• Troubleshoot machinery errors during production times.
• Communicate issues with machines to production management when necessary.
• Work with Machine Operators to ensure machines are running safely and properly.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.